Cheap Sprint Phone with Clean ESN

1. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Hey everyone. I switched to Sprint for the Evo, and am very happy with it. But, before I had Sprint I used GSM carriers. I'm looking for a cheap Sprint phone that I can have as a backup in case something (god forbid) happens to my Evo, or if I'm going somewhere that I wouldn't be comfortable taking a 4.3 inch screen. It doesn't need to be fancy, but of course I'd prefer it not to be a complete piece of crap. Only real requirements I have are that it works, holds a charge, comes with a charger, and has a clean ESN. Looking to spend less than $40. PM me. :) Thanks.

PS. I'm in Irvine (Orange County, CA) so local would be great if possible.

Advertisement
  2. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

Careful if you switch to the cheap phone. I switched from my Devour to my backup phone for three days then switched back. Next phone bill it was around $1,500 because the switch somehow turned off my unlimited data plan when I went back to using my Devour.
  3. ashykat

Did they take care of that for you? I would argue with them that a data service is "required" with these phones therefore it's their fault for turning off the unlimited data. Thank you for the tip.
  4. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

Yea, we argued and they fixed it. No way in hell were we paying $1,500 for their mistake.
  5. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Hmm never had a problem with esn swaps like that before... but I digress.

I would suggest one of the older sanyo flip phones. The sanyo katana dlx worked great for me when I had it. Battery was plentiful, small, and great reception. Should be real cheap now

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.
  6. ashykat

Yeah the Katana is one I thought about. I figured I'd try here first before trying ebay. People on Craigslist are nuts, trying to get $75 for a used Katana. They're about $20 on ebay right now from good sellers.
  7. IOWA

Make sure you opt for the dlx. Its the best of the bunch(that I've used, though no experience with the newer ones)

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.
  8. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

I have a Samsung Instinct that I would let go for $50. Not a bad PHONE really. PM me if interested.
  9. ashykat

Right now I'm in the lead on ebay at a whopping 11 cents on a katana. If that doesn't work out I'll shoot you a PM.
  10. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

Okay...35 bucks!...:)
    9mmkungfu likes this.
  11. ashykat

Won the katana for $2. Thanks everyone.
  12. IOWA

HA! now thats a steal!