Cheap USB port plastic broke.Support

Last Updated:

1. Feels Good Man

Feels Good Man Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have hated the USB port on this phone from day one. It just screams cheap to me, its not easy to plug in. Now I just noticed that the THIN CHEAP plastic that is right above the port broke. Should I exchange for a new phone? Has this happened to anyone else?

Advertisement
  2. upther

upther Well-Known Member

Sorry about your luck. Never had a problem plugging my phone in and the plastic around it is still in great shape. You could try and exchange it for a new phone but don't think that will do you much good.

3. Mr.Slave

Mr.Slave Well-Known Member

Seems to be user error because if it was a "real" problem you would see a ton of different posts not just yours. I use this rule of life; if I am the only one with a problem then it must be something I am doing wrong. Sorry to be so harsh but this really didn't require a new thread with such a negative connotation this phone works perfectly fine for the rest of us.

4. Feels Good Man

Feels Good Man Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well its not just me. I know someone else with broken plastic. You have to admit its not easy to plug the phone in blindly, as you should be able to do.

5. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

It wasn't at first, but after a little bit of practice, it becomes "easy." Just need to lightly feel for the resistance of the little piece inside and then move the USB cord up a hair to slide in.

6. coastal_carolina

coastal_carolina Well-Known Member

None of the cell phones I've used over the 12+ years have been easy to plug the charger in on the side.

They are all tiny PITA ports. There have been a few exceptions along the way but not many... some Nokias with a circular port come to mind.

7. Cirith

Cirith Active Member

My little plastic piece is broken too. The thin black line of plastic just above the port is cracked down the middle showing a bit of orange/red that is underneath. I'm really not too worried about it though. It is nothing a tiny dab of superglue or something couldn't fix. And for me I actually think it happened taking off my silicon verizon case.

8. MooN

MooN Well-Known Member

Mines broken too. There was another thread on this. Like i said, its poor design. Why did they leave a little gap there so that it could break off?

I'm pretty sure lots of others will snap theirs sooner or later.

9. fliptwister

fliptwister Well-Known Member

Snapped mine and I could care less. It has no function and probably should have not been there in the first place.

10. mb236

mb236 Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you... I don't understand why people get that one so wrong. If you say it, it doesn't even make sense.

11. Liquoredolce

Liquoredolce Well-Known Member

haha I know what you mean, a lot of people say "could care less", which means you care somewhere between just a little, and a lot....really narrowing it down for us! ::p

12. ShortBusHEMI

ShortBusHEMI Well-Known Member

yeahhh.. y'all are doing it wrong then... i have no issues plugging mine in.. at all. never have... and the plastic piece on it is just fine.. mom has an inc also. she doesn't have any problems with hers at all

13. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

Hmm, I've been thinking it's a shame that there's no way to tell which way is up on the plug without looking, but if the plastic around the socket can be broken by rough handling, maybe it's just as well that it forces you to pay attention. Anyway, it's a darn sight more user-friendly than the connector on my old Zodiac, which comes loose if you look at it too hard.

14. RandomBehavior

RandomBehavior Active Member

This is my second Incredible and both broke at that thin plastic piece you are talking about. And that's with always delicate handling haha. Oh well.

15. bwthor

bwthor Well-Known Member

I took a knife and made some scratches on the connector, so that I can tell which way to plug it in when it is dark.

Never have any issues with mine.

16. InsuredByGlock

InsuredByGlock New Member

Mine broke as well - the thin piece nearest the screen. Perhaps I was too used to shoving a larger USB connector in my old bberry... I replaced my phone for dust under the screen, but not for this - just pushed it back together and can't even tell!

17. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Well-Known Member

I too don't like the micro-usb connector. The mini usb on my Eris was much easier to use.

To make it easier to at least have the plug right side up, I took a silver Sharpie paint pen and put a 1/4" circle on the top side of the plastic plug. Now I don't have to take the 50/50 chance that the plug is upside down, when inserting into the phone.