Cheaper, no contract phones

1. cdegu003

cdegu003 Member

I have a huge weakness of always wanting a new phone. I'm currently under the grandfathered unlimited data plan for Verizon. I don't want to lose the data so I'm looking for no contract phones so that I don't lose it.

is there some where that sells no contract phones at decent prices? or am I always going to be looking at full price?

Advertisement
    :
  2. adaaaam

adaaaam Well-Known Member

Are you saying you want new Verizon phones hopefully not at full price, instead of signing new contracts to satiate your fix for acquiring new phones at subsidized prices?

If so, craigslist is an awesome place for scouring for used phones from any carrier, at hefty discounts, but you have to be wary of the owner reporting it stolen after the fact, resulting in a dirty ESN, so be sure to have them sign a contract transferring ownership of the device and its IDs to you. If you only want new phones, they are also listed on craigslist, but usually at near full price, unless you get really lucky. Which is why scouring craigslist daily is a good habit. eBay is also a great site, but craigslist allows you to deal locally
  3. gravebelly

gravebelly Member

Adaaam is right about craiglist. That will be your best bet i think. Keep a lookout and download craiglist app free on market place. I have sold other phones there in the past. Be sure that the phone you get is not on contract. I always met people at verizon store to show them phone is good to go. There are a lot of good phones out there from the past 2 years to current depending on what you want. Goodluck.
  4. cdegu003

cdegu003 Member

Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely be on the lookout on craigslist.
  5. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

You can either check out Craigslist or eBay, otherwise you could be hopeful of a phone going on sale on Amazon :p

Also, I have moved this thread into the Verizon forum since I believe other Verizon customers might be interested or add to this information.
  6. FunYun

FunYun New Member

Swappa.com seems like a good place to buy used phones, they check ESN's for you, though that does mean they can't screw you after the transfer.
  7. Dingster1

Dingster1 Active Member

If you're going the eBay route, I'd advise trying out Gazelle's store. I buy my phones from them exclusively. They now have a ton of SGIII's and Razr's available for Big Red. They guarantee clean ESN's and have a 14 day return policy I think (never had to return anything yet)
  8. HTCTundaBow

HTCTundaBow Well-Known Member

Nexus 4

$30 tmobile plan

only way to go. I ditched my unlimited Verizon plan for this. Couldn't be happier. Well, If I could get a brand new Razr MAx HD for $350, then I would be happier.