Cheapest Android tablet available?

Last Updated:

1. HippieWitch

HippieWitch Member

So what's the cheapest Android tablet available? I use a Lenovo IdeaTab A2107A-F, which was $120 roughly, but I want to know the cheapest out there. I'm having the itch to develope a new rom and figure I'll start with the cheapest tablet so I don't have to worry about stepping on someone else's toes.

2. HippieWitch

HippieWitch Member

By cheapest, I mean in the $20 range. I know they aren't high spec'd at that price but in need something new to toy with.
  3. pokryshkin

pokryshkin New Member

For example: (sorry, i'm a newbie and i can not use links)
    choose "geek" and sort by price
    HippieWitch likes this.
  4. HippieWitch

HippieWitch Member

Thanks for the link, but those prices are over the $50 mark. Good stuff though.
  5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Hi HippyWitch... have you checked eBay? You can always sort by lowest price first. Even then: $20 for an Android Tablet? That's a really low-ball price for anything electronic that works decently. In my experience I usually get what I pay for: I guess I'm just concerned that if you DO find a $20 tablet, it may cause you more frustration than enjoyment.

My 0.02, of course, and I sincerely wish you the best of luck in your search :)
    HippieWitch likes this.
  6. HippieWitch

HippieWitch Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I totally forgot about ebay. Yes, a tablet that cheap may be more headache than usable, but I'm looking for the cheap ones to use in projects. Like if the tablet can be used as a USB host, then external memory can be used to make a digital jukebox, things like that. Battery life doesn't matter since it would be hardwired to a power source.

For enjoyment though, I have my Lenovo IdeaTab A2107A-F tablet. Doesn't everything I need with a very responsive touchscreen and hd video. I'm doing a rom for it right now so hopefully I will be able to improve it even more.
  7. rui-no-onna

rui-no-onna Well-Known Member

Doubt you'll find a tablet for $20 unless it's for parts only. Even Android sticks cost around $30-40 or so. You'd likely need to increase your budget to around $50 if you want a tablet that works (and probably pretty slowly at that).
  8. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

Cheapest is relative. I can buy Android tablets for around 16.00 each, in shipping container quantities of I think, 6,000 units.

Cheapest is also a troublesome term in that you get what you pay for and cheap often means very expensive compared to spending just a little more.

I suggest saving your money and wait until the prices drop. They will, as new models are introduced.
    ardchoille likes this.
  9. ardchoille

ardchoille Well-Known Member

We must remember that, when it comes to android devices, we get what we paid for. A $50 tablet will likely have a resistive touch screen rather than a capacitive touch screen. I had a cheap android tablet with a resistive touch screen and it was horrible, tapping and pressing was iffy, was better with a stylus.. and the CPU was slow. Cheap tablets will have cheap hardware and the android experience will more than likely suffer.

I feel the cheapest tablet that provides a good android experience is the Nexus 7 @ $200.00. You might find something cheaper, but always check the hardware before purchase.