• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Cheapie desktop extra battery charger finally broke - get another?

kjarrett

Android Enthusiast
Apr 10, 2010
Got one of these a while back:

Desktop USB Battery Charger For HTC Droid Incredible - eBay (item 230516716815 end time Sep-24-10 09:55:45 PDT)

It finally croaked. Worked great for a couple of months!

This is more than I need:

Convenience w/ HTC Droid Incredible 3-in-1 Sync n' Charge Desktop Charger, Free Shipping!

Love how the pics are plastered with HTC logos but the actual item packaging clearly isn't HTC. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

I really just need an external charger to keep my 2nd battery ready to go. Should I just roll the dice with another Hong Kong cheapie? Is the build quality on the other one above worth the extra $?

TIA!

-kj-

I have that 2nd cradle in your first post, and while it works, your phone sits at a 90 degree angle to your desktop. I hacked mine up to get it to lay back, but I still need to remove a bit of plastic to get it to fit my Inc when it's in a case. The battery charger on it works fine though. You can also use it as a Sync cradle for your PC. I've not paid any attention to the duration of the charger, but it does seem to give the same charge as a bump-charge.

As for charge time on Froyo, if you use King's kernel, the phone charges more like 2.1, I can run Sirius/pandora, Nav, and bluetooth, and my verizon charger keeps it topped off nicely, and can actually put a charge on the phone if it's not full when I put it on.. Does get a bit warm though, so your mileage may vary..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones