Check email, messaging notifications, LED notifications not working!!Support

Last Updated:

1. george1614

george1614 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have had my Epic 4g for two days now and I am having the some notification and email problems.

I don't get notifications when new email is available. I only get my email to show up on my inbox on my phone ONLY when i open email. I currently have it set to to check email every 5 minutes but this is obviously not happening. and i dont get a blinking LED when i get a SMS, Text message.

does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this?

Advertisement
  2. Texas Dawn

Texas Dawn New Member

I'm having the same issue, would appreciate some help

3. droid26

droid26 Well-Known Member

same here.

4. vhousad

vhousad New Member

Ditto

5. Gambler

Gambler Member

Me too, it's the reason I joined this forum and I'm searching threads for a solution. Love my Epic otherwise, but if I can't get this email straightened out before the 30 days is up I'll have to return it and get another BlackBerry :(

6. Gambler

Gambler Member

Half way there. Gmail was arriving in a timely manner but the device hadn't been notifying me. I installed Email Notifier 1.3 which works with Gmail and K-9. Now my Epic goes off within seconds of my BlackBerry.

Now i need to move one of my other email accounts to K-9 and try it out. I'm using the stock email app with very mixed results, mostly poor. Will report back!

7. cmlegs

cmlegs Member

I don't use the stock messaging app, as I wasn't getting notifications either. I downloaded an app called Gmail Message Count, and I place that widget on my home screen and access email from that. That way I always know how many new emails I have. I don't like that the Epic LED only blinks red, so there is a great free app called "No LED" in the Market. This is awesome because you can set it by colors-so for me it flashes an icon on the screen (pink for texts, green for emails, red for missed calls, etc.) I am a former Blackberry user and missed that feature, but this app does the trick!

8. carson1

carson1 Active Member

Has anyone found a fix for this. I have an Inspire and my notifications were working fine but seem to have stopped today

9. karped

karped New Member

I have just bought a galaxy s3 mini. To begin with i got email notifocations (although not for my gmail account) but now i am not getting them. Any ideas?