Check for updates-Server UnavailableSupport

Last Updated:

1. froggy87

froggy87 Member

When I select menu--Settings--At&T Software Update--check for updates.
    When I do this either nothing happens when I click "check for updates" or a small screen saying "Checking for software now available" pops up and searches for about a minute and then says Server Unavailable. I searched and other people have had this same problem and resolved it by rooting.
    Anyone know what to do other than root?

Thanks,

Advertisement
  2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Well-Known Member

Are you trying to get the gingerbread update? That is under the htc wifi update option and will need to be on wifi. I also got the server unavailable when i tried the att update by mistake but the htc one worked fine
  3. froggy87

froggy87 Member

I downloaded the gingerbread update weekend before last. I'm clicking on "check for updates". which in the past would search for new updates for my apps.
  4. 2manyPHONES

I have never had that method check updates for my apps. That's what the market is for. Any updates for apps downloaded from there would be listed under my apps.
  5. froggy87

froggy87 Member

I'm not very tech savvy. Still that doesn't change that I'm receiving an error saying "Server Unavailable".
  6. 2manyPHONES

I would say half the time I checked the att update thingy i get the server error message. Has been that way with my last 3 android phones. I just don't pay it much attention anymore unless I know there is supposed to be an update released.

Edit: for the heck of it i checked for updates and it did the checking for updates circle for almost 2 minutes then server unavailable