• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Check for yourself

magic1

May 18, 2010
Just saw this on engadget. Maybe I totally misunderstood the article but it talked about verizon and metropcs filing lawsuit against the fcc for wanting to put forth new rules about Internet usage. Like I said, I may have missed the point but felt like it may be talking about tethering(which has been a big topic here lately).:thinking:

Upvote 0
Yeah, didn't think rooting was the issue but maybe tethering. Like I said, I probably misunderstood. Sometimes I'm a little slow on the uptake! :D

Lol.

Net neutrality refers to the content, not the usage. It keeps the ISP from restricting websites and crap... it states that they are to provide unfiltered content.

This was a big issue a while back for all isp's and still hasn't died. They are trying their best to track computers that use torrents, which is against net neutrality laws.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones