• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Check in button missing in facebook

missie31

Lurker
Apr 21, 2015
Hello, I am needing some help. In facebook, I used my check in button on April 13. And then on April 17, I went to check in somewhere, and the button was not there. It used to be on my profile page. Now it says Life Event... I am pretty sure that is where the check in button used to be. Has anyone else experienced this?

There are two ways to check in. A direct way is (in the original Facebook app) to tick the button in the lower right corner. At the bottom (in normal news feed modus) it should say (from left to right) status, photo and check in.
There's also an indirect way, via a status update . If you tick status too create a new post, in the bottom of that post box is a Google maps drop to check in.

Or you've made so many check ins that you're out of credits ;)

Upvote 0
Ok, I see... on the news feed page, when I touch that little round edit button at the bottom right, it then shows four circles.... check in, share photo, take photo, write post. So that will work! Thank you!

And no, I've hardly ever checked in anywhere... even though I've been on facebook for years, I really just started using it recently... that is why I don't know all the functionality. But I googled and didn't find much. I think some sort of update changed things last week. That's why I posted to ask for help.

Thanks again!

Reactions: Kaat72
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones