1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Check out "Messaging Widget"

Last Updated:

1. DroidDoes...Fail

DroidDoes...Fail Member This Topic's Starter

Its pretty nice for people that text a lot. Makes a simple widget on home screens that you can quick reply from without opening messaging applications such as Handcent. Also includes picture of person that texted you and quick call, compose, view contact, and link to messaging applications. Can also mark messages read from home screen. Enough talking...go try it!!! Its FREE!

-Brad

Advertisement
  2. DroidDoes...Fail

156 views and not one comment? Lets hear some feedback people. Do you like it? Is there a better one i dont know about? lol

3. Akalatengo

Akalatengo Well-Known Member

I will give it a try when I finish work, but it looks great, I hope it does what it says on the tin

4. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Lots of room for improvement.

Can you like swipe through different people's messages?
    One of the "compose" buttons should be "reply". Having double "compose" buttons seems silly.
    The labels take up too much space and overlap or are positioned poorly. Can be hard to read.

There may be ways to further customize, not sure, but those are my initial impressions. Tried the "shuffle" thing in its menu...seemed confusing.

5. DroidDoes...Fail

I agree there is lots of room for improvement but i find it quite functional the way it is.

I use the "unread widget (default)" here are some things that might help:

-To switch between different messages-when you have more than one the picture splits into two buttons...click on the top of it to go up and the bottom to go down.

-To quick reply (send message without opening messaging application)-click on the very tiny "QR" button and keyboard and dialog box will pop up and then type what you want and click on contact picture at top to send message.

-Reason for the two compose buttons is that one takes you to compose a completely new message to a new contact and the other takes you to the messaging app of your currently displayed contact.

It is a very nice widget to have, better than a pop up i feel cause you cant still do something else and reply faster whenever you want. I am not the developer or am i affiliated in any way with him lol just thought it was a cool widget. It does need some calibration with the labels and such but hopefully that will come soon. Just play around with it, its great!

-Brad