Check out these 4G speeds after the 2.2 update for the EVO!!

Last Updated:

1. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Those figures are amazing, can't wait to see what the Epic can do.

3. taylormah

taylormah Well-Known Member

I may be wrong on this but it shouldn't be the Froyo causing the speed gains. The 4G radio must be updated in HTC update causing the speeds to hit frantic high. I hope Epic come with a better 4G radio firmware to begin with.

4. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

You may or may not be right. The update came as a whole package (2.2 w/ upgrade 4G) Considering the 4G radio is likely the same all around (for Sprint 4G devices), since there is only 1 4G provider through Clear. I imagine the firmware is going to be the same for each device, or close to it. It may well have been an update through 2.2 with how the Android system utilizes the 4G radio, or just a general 4G firmware upgrade through 2.2. Have you noticed that all 4G mobile phones, up to this point, have been Android based only? hmmmmm..... (unless I am wrong, lol)

5. taylormah

taylormah Well-Known Member

Its quite possible that the alleged 4G radio upgrade requires 2.2 to work, so yes, froyo might be indirectly causing these speed boosts. Either way, Epic will have its froyo upgrade in couple of months and then we will be flying supersonic on 4G too.

6. RichieHD

RichieHD Well-Known Member

By the time this bad boy is released, 2.2 for Galaxy S USA devices might be out ;)