Check out this steaming pile of an excuse for an article.

Last Updated:

1. ChewyTKE609

ChewyTKE609 Member This Topic's Starter

I ran across this while perusing Digg today. It's a bunch of BS if you ask me. The author was really reaching to come up with a single reason why iOS beats Android, let alone 10 of them.

10 Reasons why iOS beats Android

Advertisement
  2. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

Well thank you. There went three minutes of my life I will never get back.

Absolutely worthless article.

There are legitimate reasons one might find iOS superior to Android (or aspects of it at least). The drivel that guy wrote was just a horribly poor attempt at gaining readers, and we're helping him. I'd almost encourage against clicking the link.

3. Stam2000

Stam2000 Well-Known Member

+100000

4. TXSooner

TXSooner Well-Known Member

The website's name starts with an "i", so what do you expect?

5. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was going to say!

Comment section is turned off for a reason.

jroc likes this.
  6. SkRThatOneDude

SkRThatOneDude Member

this

also, don't get so bent out of shape over another iFanBoy...when Android is running on 4Ghz processors and 8GB of RAM, Apple will see who's laughing.

7. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

This thread is not specific to the Incredible, so I'm going to move this to Android Lounge

8. mrk1984

mrk1984 Well-Known Member

Is chrome really going to be another OS? I thought it was just google's browser. Basically all of the reasons make no sense at all.

too many phones/carriers using android is a negative???

9. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

There will be a Chrome OS, but it's completely irrelevant with respect to the iOS vs. Android debate. It's a web browser based OS that will only be (at least at first) for netbook computers. Why this person thinks that has anything to do with Android is beyond me. Well, it just shows he's an idiot. It would be making the exact same argument to say, "Well Apple has Mac OS and iOS, so clearly this is a bad sign for iOS."

Like I said, the article is absolute garbage. At least give the actual things iOS does better...

jroc likes this.
  10. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

At the risk of being flamed, I do tend to agree with the article on one thing though:-

"2. The iOS device is a technology company’s device, not a carrier’s device."

AFAIK the iPhone is the only phone to be guaranteed free of carrier branding and bloatware. Seems to me that one of the more common subjects on these forums is. How to get rid of carrier branding and problems with bloatware on Android phones. Fortunately I was able to avoid this problem by not buying my Galaxy S from a carrier.

11. Penguissimo

Penguissimo Well-Known Member

I think he's trying to claim that Google will abandon/move focus away from Android once they get really into Chrome OS? Seems pretty weak.

The "funny" part is that Apple did almost exactly this to Mac OS X once the iPhone took off. Used to have a major update every year, but now we've been on 10.6 for almost two years, without even any official confirmation that 10.7 is in the works, let alone description of its features. Meanwhile, 10.6 has only had a handful of service updates

12. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I just spent about ten minutes looking around that site. Articles about Android are few, but mostly complimentary or just reportage (Kindle for Android, etc). That one linked in the OP seems goofy in its logic, but there are goofy articles and posts here and there about Apple products, too.

Fwiw, the sites tags include iPhone, Apple, Microsoft, Motorola, Samsung, etc, but notably absent are Android, Droid, etc.

In the "About" page there we see what is probably supposed to be an explanation for the "i" in the site's name: "iGadget Life is all about the technology in your life that connects you wirelessly to people or services using the internet." :D

I'm sure the logged hits from AF as the referring page garner a measure of satisfaction for them.

13. TgeekB

TgeekB Well-Known Member

Why should we stress because 1 article on the internet (there are millions) is positive about iPhone? There are as many opinions about this is there are people on this planet. If you are an Android fan, seek out the Android articles. Like Blackberry? There are tons of BB sites. There is probably a site somewhere that says that 2 tin cans with a string beats out Android, Blackberry and iPhone. If you get upset every time you see one you will be upset most of the time.

14. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

Completely unsubstantiated points. His 'facts' are just opinion, and most of them can be easily countered. Others, like the bit about the Android Market, are just plain false.

15. ZDroid1

ZDroid1 Well-Known Member

The same article could be written about Symbian I guess, and Symbian is still kicking iOS's ass around the world.

The technology/telecommunications thing is laughable. One could also say that Apple is not a telecommunications company and so they're less qualified to make a cell phone, and judging by their antenna design... lol.

jroc likes this.
  16. Nixot

Nixot Active Member

iLOL'd

17. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

For those wanting to read this drivel being discussed without increasing the hit count on the offending web site, here's a link to Google's cached copy of the page:

10 Reasons why iOS beats Android

Anyway, I agree with mikedt: many of us moan about wanting a "pure Android" device, free of carrier-imposed bloatware and manufacturer skins and other customizations. Google leaves the door open for these things we despise. That said, I prefer open and bloated over closed.

The author also has a point with regard to "Platform fracturing and resulting developer support". Having been involved in Tasker beta testing from a relatively early point, I know there are no shortage of device-specific issues that required workarounds. This kind of thing can turn developers off.

"Non-standard interfaces can confuse casual users". I don't think anyone is arguing that there aren't users for whom the iPhone is a better choice. If Grandma is easily confused, then maybe the iPhone is for her. There's only one button. If you want it to do something different from what it's already doing, push the button.

"The iOS app market...is well known to be friendly to both large and small developers". I wasn't planning on arguing with the drivel, but WTF?

18. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I stopped reading when I got to that part....lol I skimmed over the rest. I was like hmmmm. Apple has a desktop OS, MS does....whats the point here?

A few thing I had to comment on:

"The iOS device is a technology companys device, not a carriers device."

Android phones are not made by the phone companies tho. We have Android phones made by HTC, Motorola, Samsung, LG, Sony....so is he just dismissing the phone manufactures here? I dont get it....

"And why would you even consider a smartphone OS from a company that has already exited the phone business (Nexus One, anybody)?"

That makes absolutely no sense to me. What is he trying to say? Last time I checked Google is still making Android. I see he doesnt know HTC made the Nexus One....HTC still makes phones...I just dont understand that statement.

Yea....he did a good thing by disabling the comments. I'm sure there are some Apple users that woulda been like wtf too...lol

Yea....that "innovative" antenna design....oh boy....

19. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Looks as if that guy was digging deep to find his reasons why iOS is better

20. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

It looks like someone's pissed at the very fast advancements Android has made in this short amount of time. iFans shouldnt be upset tho...its de ja vue.

Didnt Apple hit the smartphone world by storm just as quickly a few years ago? I guess iFans expected to be the kings of the hill for many, many years...

21. darklide

darklide Well-Known Member

Your wish is my command!
    ::

Not very long ago, if you wanted a quality smart device that was truly designed for finger use, your best choice was Apple