• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

check this out...changed the battery cover a bit..

LTZguy

Oct 21, 2009
BATON ROUGE LA
this might not be for everyone, but i am a fan of carbon fiber. I did not like the aluminum plate trim arount the camera, so i replaced it with a piece of super thin real carbon fiber. it does not stick out like the original piece. he's a pic..
IMAG0061.jpg

lol...nah...it took me almost an hour to do this. I thought the aluminum trim was thick, but i found out when i removed it, it was super thin and rolled on the edges to give it the effect it was thick. So....after removing it, the plastic underneath was thick. Epoxing a piece of c/f directly on wasnt going to cut it. i was trying to eliminate the sticking out..so i took out the dremel and VERY carefully shaved down the thickness of it until it was thin enough. Sorry the pic sux...i took it with my hero and the camera is cheese ball to say the least. It is horrible compared to the new samsung instinct hd i just returned. i'll try to take a better one...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones