check this out...changed the battery cover a bit..

Last Updated:

1. LTZguy

LTZguy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

this might not be for everyone, but i am a fan of carbon fiber. I did not like the aluminum plate trim arount the camera, so i replaced it with a piece of super thin real carbon fiber. it does not stick out like the original piece. he's a pic..[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. sir_knoxalot

sir_knoxalot Active Member

I like! Also a fan of carbon fiber. Are you mass producing them? :)

3. LTZguy

lol...nah...it took me almost an hour to do this. I thought the aluminum trim was thick, but i found out when i removed it, it was super thin and rolled on the edges to give it the effect it was thick. So....after removing it, the plastic underneath was thick. Epoxing a piece of c/f directly on wasnt going to cut it. i was trying to eliminate the sticking out..so i took out the dremel and VERY carefully shaved down the thickness of it until it was thin enough. Sorry the pic sux...i took it with my hero and the camera is cheese ball to say the least. It is horrible compared to the new samsung instinct hd i just returned. i'll try to take a better one...

4. LTZguy

5. sir_knoxalot

sir_knoxalot Active Member

Ha, oh man that is too much work for me! Looks good though. You just have carbon fiber laying around eh?

6. LTZguy

i have a few small scrap sheets that i make stuff from time to time with. My atv is heavily adorned in the stuff....lol (exhaust,dash,frame guards, hood, seat cover, tank cover, sprocket cover etc) LOL