check this out (iPhone coming to Verizon)

Last Updated:

1. bleedGreen

bleedGreen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is depressing. Sprint and Verizon (and to a lesser extent, T-Mo, though iPhones can be unlocked for it) are the only two of the big four carriers that are not i-Monopolized and the major driving forces behind Android's growth. You can bet Android sales will be stunted quite a bit as all the iSheep on the network mainly responsible for Android's growth buy up iPhones.

3. jdailey1981

jdailey1981 Well-Known Member

Yep, that's why I think verizon is putting bing and their crap on their androids. They are hellbent on Android's destruction, and taking iPhone from AT&T. I know people who wish they had an android instead of an iPhone, because of the opensource.

4. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto VIP Member

Good, take the apple load off AT&T's system ;)

5. Medion

Medion Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, carriers would prefer that you not purchase the iPhone. Carriers get larger subsidies for selling other phones, and they make money off licensing software (bloat, screw the customer). In a way, Apple is the ones challenging the carriers. Should the iPhone become dominant on all carriers, the carriers would have to reevaluate their model. They'd either have to lessen their subsidy on other phones (reducing the sale price to customers), or reduce the software licensing (less bloat) to make the phones more attractive, but still get more money per sale than they would on an iPhone.

Like it or not, Google caved to the carriers' demands. Apple hasn't, yet. I prefer Android to Apple, but I also prefer Apple to the carriers. Carriers should be nothing more than a dumb pipe for our use.

6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Well put. ^^^^

7. Bnice

Bnice Guest

I'm looking forward to see how at&t handle Android phones once verizon gets the iphone, maybe they will stop crippling their Android devices.

8. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

AMEN!

And think of all the early termination fees AT&T will collect from the iPhone users who jump ship only to find the grass is the same color on the other side of the fence. *chuckle*

9. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Ya know... There have been so many false announcements of Apples imminent introduction to the Verizon network that I think I'll wait till I actually see an iPhone in a Verizon store before believing it to be true. :rolleyes:

10. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

More choice is always better for the consumer.

11. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

Although I still dont believe the iPhone to be coming to verizon early 2011 (maybe announced for a late 2011 release) not to mention I dont want to deal with all the iphones crap if we do get it too much whiney customers potentially

12. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I don't care for myself. I might get an iPhone for my daughter though, just because of the games. I could never go back to a dumb phone (iPhone)

13. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

If it does I think this might be good. I have Verizon so hopefully this drives costs down for Android phones.

14. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

With all of the false starts of the 'Verizon iphone' I could not care.
    This thing has been coming to Verizon for many years now.
    Then it was going to T-Mobile US, and there was even some Sprint rumors.

It's already late 2010, and that was 'predicted' and early 2010 was 'predicted'
    These guys have been 'predicting' this for so many years, and what's going to end up happening is that they are going to win a vaporware award.

I guess it can't be 'vaporware' unless Apple or Verizon actually announces it?
    To me it's been vaporware for years.