Check update question...Support

Last Updated:

1. jayz66

jayz66 New Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, I'm fairly new so I apologize if I missed something but I did search all the threads and could not find an answer...

I have a DX running the 2.2 OTA. I rooted my phone but did nothing else (no deodex, no custom anything.) I did rename some of the default apps to disable them but backed up before. Now, here is my question. I want to check for updates (I know where are none, but I keep hoping there will be to fix all the little bugs Froyo seems to have) and I get a "Check for update was not available at this time." I get this EVERY TIME.

Could this be a problem from rooting? Is anyone else having this issue? And yes, I did disable the wifi only updating in settings, so it isn't that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

it very well could be. what all did you remove?
    however, once any patches are released, you'll know about it. this forum will be buzzing. once that happens, you will be able to directly download from the internet. so, even though this is happening, you arent going to miss the boat on anything. i know you probably feel like you want the phone to work as it was intended, but sometimes you make that sacrifice when you root and edit the system. i just learned to be ok with it. :p just know, you wont miss out on anything. there are a bunch of us who have written off OTA updates. it's just as easy to download em from the internet.

3. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Settings... Data manager... Data Delivery... Social Applications... Make sure "Sync over WiFi only" is unchecked.

taydardal likes this.
  4. taydardal

taydardal New Member

that was the cure I think