Checkin for app updatesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Pocalypse

Pocalypse Active Member This Topic's Starter

On my old HTC Droid Eris, I could dial #*#*CHECKIN*#*# (#*#*2432546*#*#) and it would check all my apps for updates. Often it would find updates even after I'd just visited the market download sections, and everything showed as up to date.

Is there a similar code/method for the Droid X?

Advertisement
  2. Jake43

Jake43 Well-Known Member

Ummmmmm.....

3. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

The exact same code works on the LG Ally. Only, I used it to manually check for software updates for the phone itself, not for applications from the Market.

As for the code working on the Droid X. I do not know, sorry. If I did I would say so and if I had my Droid already I would test for you. Hopefully someone else can answer.

4. Pocalypse

I was always under the impression the checkin didn't check for system updates, and only app updates. Maybe it differs by phone.
    God knows we had plenty of people spamming it while waiting for 2.1 to come out, with no results :).

I've tried it on my X, but don't get any 'checkin success' notification.

5. Jake43

Jake43 Well-Known Member

Wow. Ok. I thought you were joking at first. Just tried it. Didn't work. But I gotta ask, why can't you just use the Market app?

6. Pocalypse

On the Eris, it used to be that some apps would get updated, but you wouldn't see the update for a few days, even if you went to the market.

For example, I would go to my downloads section, see everything was up to date. Then I'd type this code in, and all of a sudden get a notification of "4 updates available".

This might not be the case with newer phone, maybe they get pushed updates a lot faster.

I'm so used to entering this code in multiple times a day, a part of me just misses it :).

7. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

Wait what lol. I use this code as if I were tapping out a phone number and it checks for system updates for me. I mean, it did on my LG Ally anyway.

8. john0821

john0821 Well-Known Member

+1 Just use the market app. I download new apps daily which seems to give me notifications on updates for my apps as well. Also if you use AppBrain, it lists updates (if available).