*#*#checkin#*#*General

Last Updated:

1. Chopstick2U

Chopstick2U Well-Known Member

refreshing this thread like a mofo.... I have an unopened copy of Bayonetta sitting on my desk and I'm reading this forum instead!

Advertisement
  2. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

GO PLAY BAYONETTA!
    i wanna know how it is =]
  3. Chopstick2U

Just did the checkin and I'm downloading the update right now.....

...to Pandora :cry:
  4. JrzDroid

Pandora update?
    thanx for the tip=]
  5. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

So its official? The update really got pushed?
    Or is it a tester that wanted to have fun with us?
  6. Chopstick2U

You officially can't get the update by doing the checkin procedure.
  7. cpupeli1

cpupeli1 Well-Known Member

got a couple updates, thanks!
  8. cmack

cmack Well-Known Member

Yay, just got my update also.....for Pandora.
  9. condog

condog Well-Known Member

haha i did also!!! i did checkin and then i took a little snack and i come back with 4 updates hahaha
  10. starseed42

starseed42 Member

well, at least I'll get app updates sooner.. thanks :)
  11. wiattc

wiattc Well-Known Member

Is it bad that I do this twice daily, guess I'm just impatient.
  12. JrzDroid

nah, its not bad=]
  13. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

You'll go blind..... :cool:
  14. wiattc

wiattc Well-Known Member

And here I was thinking I just needed another eye exam. Will continue trend until 2.1 is mine though.
  15. CycloneFever

CycloneFever Well-Known Member

Ok, who has real dedication to checking this. Who has a contact set up with a number of *#*#checkin#*#* ? And who has a shortcut with this on their home screen?

(Ans: Not me.)
  16. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

you guys are funny, the update will be pushed to your phone... so its highly unlikely that you will force the update to your phone any faster... if anything the update will come in the AM when your not checking manually and the update just comes.. lol
  17. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Yeah. We're funny.

But you're not. Excuse me (shifts to IzelTokatl mode).. your not.
  18. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

This service likely won't yield the OTA, but is worth a try. ;)
  19. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

I tried it. judt for GP's.

Enter Code

Check In Successful

Update Available :eek::eek::eek:

Barcode scanner updated... :rolleyes:
  20. islandiver

islandiver Well-Known Member

New here so please bear with me. So I just go to the dialer and enter this code and don't press call or anything? I just let it sit? And this is supposed to send a checkin prompt from my phone to Verizon, or whoever? Because I did this and the phone does nothing. I must be doing this wrong.
  21. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member

So I just tried it again and will describe exactly what happens on my phone...

Open dialer> *#*#2432546#*#*>number disappears from dialer>triangle with ! appears in notification bar>drag down and it says "checkin result, success.

If you aren't in the queue to get an update, nothing will happen... it's just a way to force your phone to check in to the server for often than it does automatically.
  22. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

Actually, your phone only checks the server once per day and if your phone is asleep or you do not notice, you will be passed up for the update on that day. Verizon sends the update out at all hours, so if you want the update, you are gonna have to put in that code about every five minutes. They send during a five minute window.

Kidding! I can see people typing that in during the wee hours. :D
  23. islandiver

islandiver Well-Known Member

Hmm, maybe that's why my phone doesn't do anything. The checkin code never disappears, it just stays there in the dialer. Figures, I would be the one to get the smartphone that's stupid, LOL.
  24. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

Check to make sure that you aren't getting the *# sequence backwards. I do that all the time and wonder why it's just sitting there. If you get everything put in exactly right, the numbers should disappear.
  25. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Well-Known Member

This won't "force" the OTA update to your phone. VZW is targeting phones based on some unknown (geographic location (doubt it), serial # batches, IMEI number batches, etc). If your phone isn't in "the list" yet, IT WILL NOT see the update.

Same thing is done with Dish Network and their s/w updates. People ask over and over how to "force" the s/w download. You can't.