1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Checking data usageGeneral

1. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Member

Well, I got an S2 yesterday and put in my sim card that O2 sent me with my balance after I had my old iphone stolen.
    I have pay as you go and an internet bolt on that gives me 500mb/month of data usage when not on wifi.
    On my iphone, I was able to check how much was being used in the settings, but I can't find this feature yet on the S2. Do you need to install a special app for that or is it already available on the phone's stock features?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Try 3g watchdog from the market.
    Surfer Joe likes this.
  3. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Surfer Joe likes this.
  4. heshanj

heshanj Well-Known Member

norton utilities is another good app, its wat i use.. it monitors ur data usage, among many other thing :)
    Surfer Joe likes this.
  5. Remeniz

Remeniz Well-Known Member

I use O2's mobile website to check all my allowances and usages.

Just Google O2 in your browser and goto 'My O2'. Then bookmark it.

:)
    Surfer Joe likes this.
  6. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Well-Known Member

+1 for Norton. I have tested a few others like Quota but Norton was closest to the Networks numbers. I have another app to log in to find the real network data usage but it runs about 3 days min behind.
  7. Mutant04

Mutant04 Well-Known Member

I use Data Counter, which is a App/widget that is free from the market, this tells you how much data you have used either daily, weekly, monthly and or total, it tells you amounts for Cell (3G), WIFI and Bluetooth, I love it.

There is also a Pro version (which is
    Surfer Joe likes this.
  8. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

+1 for 3G Watchdog.

Very simple app, no bloat, just counts how much data you use and displays colour coded notifications in the notification bar (green = you're okay, yellow = you better watch it, red = holy crap you're nearly out of data!)
  9. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

I used to use data counter but I found it was causing wakelocks.
    Currently using 3g watch dog. I'll see how accurate this if in a while and might try my data manager if its too far out
  10. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Member

Thanks everyone, I will check those out and see which one I like.
  11. aalmomin

aalmomin New Member

THIS SCARES ME!!:confused:
  12. heshanj

heshanj Well-Known Member

lol. data usage scares u? turn it off :D
  13. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

There are so many apps from Market. Its question of accuracy. When I got my phone, the person recommended STATS. I used that but it didn't seem accurate. I couldn't really test it out since my service provided at the time didn't give any readings.

Now they do, and after comparing noticed that STATS undercount by close to 150MB. That's actually a lot. So now using Netcounter and seems more accurate so far. Wish they had call counter and sms counter like stats though.

Anyway, you could always try out a few and see what is the most accurate and uninstall the rest. It might be different for every phone. That said, how accurate are the service provider numbers?

Cheers