• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Checking data usage

the thing is metro dosnt count everything towards ur data limit so these apps from the google play market will count everything as data that counts towards ur limitations when in reality only some stuff is counted towards your montly data allowance.

True. It is something to keep general track of all your data though.

Upvote 0
those were quick replies lol. I have a data counter to measure how much data I've been using, but I installed it after i got a little phone crazy with my data on the first day lol. so i dunno how much data I had left when i installed the data counter

My Data Manager will automatically calculate data already used to the next time you pay your phone bill. No matter when you activate the app.

Upvote 0
Another vote for My Data Manager.
Great App. Even though I have unlimited data, after seeing 25% swings in data use I wanted to see what is using it. Today, Facebook had 23% of my data use even though I never used it. Stopped all refreshing and location.

Anyone with a limited plan, you can set thresholds with alarms or even stop data so you don't get dinged. The current trend where every app needs to know where you are and what you are doing and send you a notification if the wind shifts direction needs to be managed

Upvote 0
no, I have unlimited streaming.

You might want to check your plan on their website. I have the $50 plan, and I haven't made any changes since I started in December and mine says Unlimited metroweb and 1 GB multimedia (music, video, etc.) As I understand it, you would have to be on the $70 plan to have unlimited streaming. Also as a test I streamed on YouTube on 4g and now it says 1%

Upvote 0
Much thanks. Previously, when I was signed in and hovered over "account" it only gave me options of "wish list" and "sign out" but I never tried just clicking on "account".
Once I did, I found page you referred to but had to "upgrade" to view data, etc. All good but now I'm still curious about actual data usage. It says 3% used but not a number. Getting closer... :)

Upvote 0
Much thanks. Previously, when I was signed in and hovered over "account" it only gave me options of "wish list" and "sign out" but I never tried just clicking on "account".
Once I did, I found page you referred to but had to "upgrade" to view data, etc. All good but now I'm still curious about actual data usage. It says 3% used but not a number. Getting closer... :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones