• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Checking for updates

"He started it". Mmk. You kids have fun.
/thread

If it would have said (wonderbread) in his post and that he'd proven you wrong, I'm sure you would have just sat there and let it slide. haha Who knows, maybe you would have. I, for one, wouldn't and wont. It's one thing to just randomly spew out theories and statements, it's ANOTHER thing to mention people's names specifically and say that you've told them so when nothing has come to light that proves that person wrong. You forget, I'm not the one who posted someone's name in a post saying "hate to say I told you so but..." when NOTHING has come out that is proving me wrong. If it would have been your name in that post, I would HOPE that you would defend yourself, just as I did. Goodness...

Upvote 0
Nashdroid,it was friendly banter,I only used ur name as u were the one who had the most to chew with,anyone can say anything and make up stories,but I don't,if u look at my other posts u will see that I help people,so I'm not going to help people for a few months,then just make crappy up,that's not me,like I said I'm Android mad,love it,when u believe in something as much as I do for Android I'm not going to muck around, you seem to get offended by my facts,but don't,i have no hard facts as proof to you guys,I know what iv been shown,and know what's coming, I just want you to take it on board,maybe next time I have news on a new phone you will realise I'm genuine,

OK. Sounds fair to me. I'm not mad at anyone, it's just that when I see BIG BOLD RED TYPE I tend to think someone is being aggressive.

So, back on track...Newsradio, what is the new bits of information that are corroborating your information. I still haven't seen the new "bit by bit" that is new news but would love to see a link or something. I'm just here for information and am always looking for new information. So, if there's new information proving what you've been claiming is true, then lay it on us! I love hearing new info. Post a link or something. Thanks in advance.

And just for the record, I want what you're saying about the Bravo/Passion to be true. I posted theories exactly like what you're claiming is true weeks ago in the "confident the Bravo is coming" thread. So, we want the exact same thing. Everything you have said about the Bravo/Passion would be VERY exciting if it turns out to actually happen in the near future. So, don't think that that I'm somehow against this phone. I'm all for it, I just like a little more solid evidence, that's all. So, if you have some new information for us...share.

Upvote 0
What do you guys think about this. This article makes a pretty matter of fact statement about the Passion.

The makers of the Nexus One, HTC, will also display its own Android based products. A CDMA version of the Google Nexus One called HTC Passion will also be displayed in the show.
Link: CES 2010: Things you need to know

I am not familiar with the blog or it's authors so, who knows. They certainly sound confident in their assertions.

Upvote 0
What do you guys think about this. This article makes a pretty matter of fact statement about the Passion.

Link: CES 2010: Things you need to know

I am not familiar with the blog or it's authors so, who knows. They certainly sound confident in their assertions.

I saw that too and thought their post seems legit. I thought HTC would wait until after the Jan. 13th return deadline for Verizon holiday purchases to announce the Passion. I bought the Eris on a 1-year contract, thinking by next year, we'd have thorough reviews of this and others to choose from. I'm very happy with my Eris but a faster processor and better/bigger screen would sure be nice. :) However, posts here and elsewhere indicate the Passion won't have the Sense UI and I would really miss that. :(

Upvote 0
I saw that too and thought their post seems legit. I thought HTC would wait until after the Jan. 13th return deadline for Verizon holiday purchases to announce the Passion. I bought the Eris on a 1-year contract, thinking by next year, we'd have thorough reviews of this and others to choose from. I'm very happy with my Eris but a faster processor and better/bigger screen would sure be nice. :) However, posts here and elsewhere indicate the Passion won't have the Sense UI and I would really miss that. :(

If what is being released on Verizon really is just just the HTC Bravo in the US it won't have sense (as the Bravo in the 2010 catalog is not only pictured without Sense buts its not listed as installed software).
The good news is that Google has somewhat taken the hint and integrated some features of Sense into Android 2.1 (more screens, weather widget).

Upvote 0
If what is being released on Verizon really is just just the HTC Bravo in the US it won't have sense (as the Bravo in the 2010 catalog is not only pictured without Sense buts its not listed as installed software).
The good news is that Google has somewhat taken the hint and integrated some features of Sense into Android 2.1 (more screens, weather widget).

I thought the speculated reason for the delay from the December release was so HTC could integrate Sense into Android 2.1?

Upvote 0
so coming from winmo, i have followed a site called everythingwm. this guy over there named brent i think works for verizon. he sees new phones being tested and sees new roms on a server.
I asked him about any new android phones coming-well hit the link if you want to read that, nothing special. but he had heard of an incredible rom. i said if there is an incredible rom, then there should be an incredible phone, right? HE SAID YUP!

New phones coming - Page 11 - Windows Mobile Forums

Upvote 0
so coming from winmo, i have followed a site called everythingwm. this guy over there named brent i think works for verizon. he sees new phones being tested and sees new roms on a server.
I asked him about any new android phones coming-well hit the link if you want to read that, nothing special. but he had heard of an incredible rom. i said if there is an incredible rom, then there should be an incredible phone, right? HE SAID YUP!

New phones coming - Page 11 - Windows Mobile Forums

I remember this guy. He was talking about the TP2 and Omnia II a couple months back when I was following the winmo scene. I remember that he said he sees this stuff come across his system. Still have a user id over there so I posted a follow up question about how far ahead he sees the phones.

Upvote 0
I thought the speculated reason for the delay from the December release was so HTC could integrate Sense into Android 2.1?

I never believed that was the reason for the delay because there was a leaked 2.1 ROM with Sense running on it.
All I'm saying is that the leaked 2010 catalog has the Bravo without Sense (check the pics and specs compared to other sense phones in the catalog). This may be why there is the Incredible codename (damn HTC and their naming conventions) being thrown around, a different version of the same physical phone. The Passion became the N1 (as thats the name the Bravo was supposed to launch over here with) and the Incredible will be slightly different as the Desire (aka Droid Eris) was slightly different from the Hero line.

HTC's 2010 roadmap goes on display? -- Engadget

Upvote 0
Some info about a U.K. release of the Bravo over on XDA
For those on the U.K orange network,

I rang up customer services last night regarding an upgrade which is due in Feb, the kind lady over the phone mentioned that orange are currently reviewing the HTC BRAVO.

Due release date: March 10.

:D:D:D

@Nash All i'm saying is that your paragraph long posts about defending your manhood that have nothing to do with phones are just boring.

Upvote 0
...... nexus obiviously will not have the new htc sence, these are both android phones, but will look nothing alike,:)

Hey Newsradio2261, can you confirm the new HTC Sense is the same as the recent HTC Exprersso ROM leaked photos, or will it be something different. I personally don't care for the bubble icons. Thanks

Upvote 0
I'm a member of an HTC training site for Verizon reps and there is no new training module online right now. Eris is the most recent Android device for VZW that I can open up. So either it's a lie (most likely) or the training is limited to bigger wigs than I. I would say it's the former since "training on it" really assumes training the sales staff, which are pretty low level.

I forgot to ask, how far in advance of the 11/6 release date did you get the training module for the Eris?

Upvote 0
Some info about a U.K. release of the Bravo over on XDA

@Nash All i'm saying is that your paragraph long posts about defending your manhood that have nothing to do with phones are just boring.

You trying to play daddy and referee the fight is equally boring, I'd have to say. If you find it boring, just stay out of it and ignore it. Simple as that. There was no reason for you to get in the middle of it in the first place. Mind your business.

Upvote 0
I forgot to ask, how far in advance of the 11/6 release date did you get the training module for the Eris?
I became a member only two weeks ago. So I don't know how far in advance they posted it. I finished my Eris training module as soon as I joined.
I remember an engadget story about Verizon having a training module on it on Oct 27th (Droid Eris turns up in Verizon training course -- Engadget) but I'm not sure when the HTC site got the module, sorry.
You trying to play daddy and referee the fight is equally boring, I'd have to say. If you find it boring, just stay out of it and ignore it. Simple as that. There was no reason for you to get in the middle of it in the first place. Mind your business.
You mean not being a child? When your posting in public your making it everyone's business. Use IM when it's personal. This isn't the right venue for a soap opera.

Upvote 0
I bought a droid this weekend. Paid $250 and it was only a week old. Sweetest deal ever.

Anyway. I went to the Verizon store to meet the girl to have the droid added to my account. The verizon rep asked how much I paid. When I told him he was shocked. I told him that I got the droid while I'm waiting for the passion. He asked he how I knew about the passion. I told him I read the rumors on the net. He said the phone is coming. Reps have training next week and he expects to be given info about the passion. He said that release day should be late January but might change to end of Q1 as that is the time Verizon usually releases new phones.

Any verizon reps going to training next week?

The guy helping me is NOT a sales rep. He is a tech in the repair dept.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones