• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Checking for updates

I bought a droid this weekend. Paid $250 and it was only a week old. Sweetest deal ever.

Anyway. I went to the Verizon store to meet the girl to have the droid added to my account. The verizon rep asked how much I paid. When I told him he was shocked. I told him that I got the droid while I'm waiting for the passion. He asked he how I knew about the passion. I told him I read the rumors on the net. He said the phone is coming. Reps have training next week and he expects to be given info about the passion. He said that release day should be late January but might change to end of Q1 as that is the time Verizon usually releases new phones.

Any verizon reps going to training next week?

The guy helping me is NOT a sales rep. He is a tech in the repair dept.

that's a huge gap difference. but this IS the 3rd time i've heard a VZW rep talking about an upcoming training for the Passion. DEFINITELY encouraging.

Upvote 0
I bought a droid this weekend. Paid $250 and it was only a week old. Sweetest deal ever.

Anyway. I went to the Verizon store to meet the girl to have the droid added to my account. The verizon rep asked how much I paid. When I told him he was shocked. I told him that I got the droid while I'm waiting for the passion. He asked he how I knew about the passion. I told him I read the rumors on the net. He said the phone is coming. Reps have training next week and he expects to be given info about the passion. He said that release day should be late January but might change to end of Q1 as that is the time Verizon usually releases new phones.

Any verizon reps going to training next week?

The guy helping me is NOT a sales rep. He is a tech in the repair dept.
Thanks a bunch for the info but sounds to me like the tech guy has the passion confused with the N1. The N1 is rumored to be for sale late Q1 but maybe end of Jan. I've emailed htc from my Verizon training account asking when the module will be available but I don't expect any kind of useful reply.

Upvote 0
Thanks a bunch for the info but sounds to me like the tech guy has the passion confused with the N1. The N1 is rumored to be for sale late Q1 but maybe end of Jan. I've emailed htc from my Verizon training account asking when the module will be available but I don't expect any kind of useful reply.

The N1 will supposedly be available online tomorrow at 9am, not at the end of the month. He may be wrong, but I don't think he has the Passion and the N1 mixed up.

T-Mobile “Officially” Confirms Google Phone | TmoNews - Unofficial T-Mobile Blog - News, Videos, Articles and more

Upvote 0
I thought it was just being announced tomorrow but the google website now seems pretty poised to active phones although I don't see an order form yet: http://androidforums.com/nexus-one/33053-www-google-com-phone-now-live.html

I have to assume it's 9am PST. I was just looking at the press invitation again and the schedule is for the official announcement and presentation portion of the event to be from 10am to 11am in Mountain View. That has to be PST, so 1pm EST. I'm just anxious to hear if they're gonna say anything more than, "uh, we've got a phone for you that works with t-mobile". Otherwise, bring on Thursday and CES.

Upvote 0
Well it looks like it will be coming to big red. Spring 2010 so not too far off but not soon enough either. I'm going to pick up a droid and just sell it on ebay when this or the bravo comes out.

From Cnet's live coverage of the google press event:

"
10:48 a.m.: Verizon and Vodafone have also agreed to join the program (Vodafone owns part of Verizon Wireless).
10:50 a.m.: Queiroz takes us through screenshots of the store. Potential customers can get demos of various Nexus One applications within the store, and take a 3D tour. The phone will be available for $529 without service, and $179 with a two-year contract from T-Mobile. The prices aren't yet available for Verizon Wireless or Vodafone yet. All of this can be done from your PC; you won't have to go into T-Mobile's store.
10:52 a.m.: Verizon and Vodafone are on track to participate by spring 2010, Queiroz said. He selects the phone without a service plan, and goes through the checkout process. You'll need a Google Account and a Google Checkout account to buy the Nexus One. At the moment, the Google.com/phone site won't let you buy a phone with service contracts from T-Mobile, but it's not clear if that is a temporary glitch.
"
Live coverage of Google's Android phone announcement | Wireless - CNET News

Upvote 0
Anyone here have the N900? That is probably the only phone on the market at the moment that I want that I can actually use in the US since the HD2 is only offered with WinMo.

I spoke to a Nokia rep. online who told me that the 3G aspect of that phone will only work on T-Mobile. I was checking out T-Mobile's plan's as well as local coverage and it turns out I have good to excellent voice and data coverage in my area and with the $79.99 Even More Plus Unlimited Talk + Text + Web, its very hard to beat considering if I wanted a similar plan on Verizon it would cost me no less then $180 a month under contract no less which I would not have to get with T-Mobile.

What do you guys think?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones