Checking in from Charlotte

Last Updated:

1. unccman

unccman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I called Verizon yesterday morning to turn tethering on for my BlackBerry Tour (I do this every weekend) when the CS-Rep informed me that I would be eligible to upgrade to a new 3G phone. I had heard they were allowing anyone with an upgrade in 2010 to upgrade now, but with my upgrade officially coming in November of 2011, I was prepared to have to wait for a while for a new phone.

It goes without saying, I jumped on this deal like a kid on a trampoline and the rest is history. I'm now waiting for my Droid X to be shipped to my door as they are on backorder through July 27. I have thoroughly enjoyed my BlackBerry Tour as it is the best phone I've ever owned. I'm going to hold onto it for a few weeks longer before I sell it as I want to make sure the Droid X lives up to the stellar reviews I've been reading.

I look forward to becoming a part of the Android community and, like everyone else, will be counting down the days to the release of Froyo.

Advertisement
  2. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums!

3. ddoolin

ddoolin Well-Known Member

Charlotte-an here, too! Good to see some more of us. :D

4. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

I don't live but a few hours south of Charlotte down in GA.

5. unccman

unccman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Very nice! I have really come to love this city and everything it has to offer. One thing I was hoping for, as I'm a bit of a Verizon fan-boy, was Fios. That would be awesome. However, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

With 70,000 members, it would be interesting to see what types of correlations there are between our locations and our respective carriers. In general, I'd like to see how many people are from what carrier. Have there been any previous polls that I'm not seeing because I'm so new here?

6. Fonseca

Fonseca Well-Known Member

What's up! I live in Winston-Salem. Some friends are 49ers though. Welcome!

7. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Hi, on behalf of the Android Forums team, I want to sincerely and warmly welcome you!! :)