Checking which country version of Desire ZSupport

Last Updated: 2011-06-10 10:37:04
  1. charlo

charlo New Member

Hi, I just got my Desire Z a few weeks ago in HK, and went to the large cellphone mall there in Mongkok. The person I bought it from told me that its the UK version, but is there any way for me to check within the phone to see which country release my phone version is? Or even within the box? The reason I ask is I want to see if I can get an official 2.2.1 update or not.

Also does anyone know if I can buy a separate HTC warranty? Since mine wasn't bought in an official telco provider, not eligible for a proper warranty.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

The "build number" (Settings/About phone/Software information) will tell you. What does your handset say?
  3. charlo

charlo New Member

The build number is 1.34.709.5 CL273326 release-keys.
    How do you check via the build number?

Thanks alot!
  4. Slug

By being a sad geek who recognises HTC build numbers, I'm afraid. :eek:

That's not a build that would be on a handset sold in the UK. The Asian WWE version is .707 and the localised HK version appears to be .708, but I haven't found any reference to a .709 yet. What are the language options available in Settings?

edit: Okay, I think .709 is a Taiwanese ROM. The only mentions I've found are on a Taiwanese forum.
  5. androidhaka

androidhaka Active Member

what is TML represents?
  6. Slug

I haven't a clue as HTC codes are completely different to Samsung's. You'd should ask in the Galaxy Mini forum.