Cherry Rplayer - It's pretty darn awesome

Last Updated:

1. King_Bean

King_Bean Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Cherry Rplayer is a collection of hundreds of Online Radio stations compiled into one searchable app. The music streams to your Android device SEAMLESSLY (well, the stations I've tried at least).

Give it a try. Take a look at the "Popular Stations" tab.

It's not like Pandora/Slacker where you make your own custom stations. Cherry is just different radio stations that play various genres of music (and talk). I prefer this over Pandora/Slacker. I rarely use Pandora/Slacker but Cherry is constantly running on my Droid.

Cherry is just about as good as Droid Live except it's FREE but the latter does have a GORGEOUS GUI (and Cherry does not have the most aesthetically appealing UI but it's about audio not visual, right).

Advertisement
    slick_old and Flahusky like this.
  2. dodger55fan

dodger55fan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up, checking it out now, looks pretty sweet!

3. Flahusky

Flahusky Well-Known Member

Pretty nice, and the price is right:D
    I'd say with a little more work on the GUI it would be a contender to Xiia Radio(Droid Live).
    Good find and thank you for posting it.

4. King_Bean

You're welcome. And yes, I meant Xiia in my original post (I forgot they changed their name).

P.S. Your husky looks like a very serious dog.

5. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

It looks like a work in progress. Not many cities listed at all. I saw there is a way to send them links of your local stations so that they can add them. Right now, I really like Radio Time. It has such a huge amount of stations. I'm in colorado springs and it lists every FM and AM station here. But it does cost, so it's not apple to apples.

6. King_Bean

I only use the "Popular Stations" tab and I look for certain genres of music. But, yes, if you're looking for a particular station from your home city, Cherry may not be for you. I don't listen to one radio station from my city (I don't listen to the radio period), so the Pop Stations tab is perfect for me.

7. kiotakahn

kiotakahn New Member

As far as free apps running shoutcast, I actually prefer TuneWiki to Cherry. It's a much nicer interface, includes your DLed mp3s as well, and automatically searches for and displays lyrics (which can be disabled). There are some social aspects also, but I haven't gotten into them that much. Cherry was a great introduction into the world of shout cast, and I did like that they listed local radio stations by city, but not having my home on that list left me waiting for the Wunder Radio app to hit Android (hint hint, if anyone from Wunder is reading this).

I'm also 4 days into my seven day free trial of Rhapsody, and loving it. The UI is excellent, and the library is extensive. There's only been one album I've looked for and couldn't find (Pretty Hate Machine). Really considering dropping the $10/month to have instant access to just about any album I want to listen to.