1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Chess With Friends

1. jakbrown11

jakbrown11 New Member

Does anyone know where to find Chess With Friends for Droid X? My friend who has an iphone wants to play me but I can't find it. She said she found it when she opened Words With Friends.

Advertisement
    :
  2. jakbrown11

jakbrown11 New Member

Got any suggestions to for chess games that are also on iphone?
  3. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

4. MJM128

MJM128 Well-Known Member

Chess Time is the best multiplayer multiplatform that I know of right now. Sadly chess with friends isn't on android like others have said. If you're looking for an android platform multiplayer chess app, might I suggest Genesis Chess.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.chess.genesis&hl=en

It's a beta app that my brother and I have created, you might like it. Although currently we haven't started making an iphone client. :(
    xmr405o likes this.
  5. nanocomet

nanocomet New Member

That actually sound like a great idea. Although, if you were to find it I doubt it would be cross-compatible with iOS.
  6. DroidFreedom76

DroidFreedom76 New Member

Hi, Developer of Chess Time here.

We feel we have one of the best iOS and Android cross-platform chess games. Any questions let me know. We offer a lot more features than Chess With Friends and we feel we run a much more stable applications.

Obligatory Play Store Link:
    http://bit.ly/zyLzUe

Thank you xmr405o for already recommending us :) only thing is that links to our old site.
    nyydynasty likes this.
  7. salada2k

salada2k New Member

I wish Zynga would release Chess with Friends for Android. My only regret from moving from iPhone!!
  8. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

Slid this thread over to Android Games!
  9. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Zynga: Put out a game that doesn't work well and take 2 years to fix it :)
  10. Desire D

Desire D Well-Known Member

I've played Chess By Post and Words By Post for over a year now, both are great games, with ranking systems and free versions on Play Store too. Well worth a look.

EDIT: both games work perfectly across all formats, Android/iOS/Windows Phone :)
  11. Struwwelpeter

Struwwelpeter New Member

@DroidFreedom76 - I downloaded Chess Time per your request, and I'm excited to use it but I've had these problems already.... I'm trying to invite an iPhone use to play with me, but the gMail invite gives me an error. I accidentally pressed the "invite everyone" option and now I can't revoke it because it doesn't recognize the games. Also, this seems to be a "real time" game with clock. But I would like the "Chess with Friends" style where you move and the other person can move when they have time. Does this game offer that style of play? Thanks! Would REALLY like an option to Zynga.
  12. nitekram

nitekram New Member

The best one for both is chess.com