Chicagoland area (SLOOOOW 3G????)

Last Updated:

1. scorpionfalcon

scorpionfalcon Active Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone in the Chicagoland area confirm that their 3G is unreliable at best at the moment? I heard Sprint's network got really boggled down due to all the activations in the last 24 hours. I am trying to troubleshoot whether it is a hardware defect with my phone or just the fact that Sprint in the Chicago area is just temporarily bogged down.

Advertisement
  2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

3. netmag

netmag Active Member

I'm in the nw burbs and it's been fine for me so far except for one instance. I had one issue where my 3G symbol wasn't showing up and I couldn't log in to the Android market. That was between about 4 or 5 pm today. I just switched to 4G for a while but when I went back to 3G it still couldn't connect to mobile networks. Then I turned the phone off/on and it was fine.

4. dave01978

dave01978 Active Member

it seemed to be slow for me a bit today,
    I have had 2.1Mb/s tethering with my TP before in chicago area, today I couldnt hit 1 on the phone, when doing speed tests

5. dave01978

dave01978 Active Member

seems to be better now 2043 and 696 up

6. scorpionfalcon

scorpionfalcon Active Member This Topic's Starter

All is well now, I guess it was just an isolated event yesterday evening when Sprint towers were probably overwhelmed from all the new Evo owners (just a guess). This phone ROCKS!!!