China-Bought ZTE Blade Can't Use Google Play WhatsoeverSupport

1. Nightlasher

Nightlasher New Member

Well, about 6 months ago, I bought my first Android, a ZTE Blade, in China. I was kinda bummed that it didn't come with Google Play, but it did come with several Chinese markets that had a fair selection (and all free). However I still wanted Google Play. I tried downloading it off external sources (at least 4 different sites), but even though it normally would be installed, it would never even boot up. It would force close the moment it was opened, and I couldn't ever find any support. I could find similar cases, but never any solutions that worked. My "expert" friends couldn't help, Google Support couldn't help (since it was bought in China I guess), and I finally gave up. Anyway, I recently started back trying to get it, and I could access it from my phone's browser, but it never recognized I was on a mobile device, and I couldn't download anything. Just a little while ago, I got an app called Google Play Services, which I hoped might help (as it was a passive app that couldn't be opened, and I thought maybe it would allow Google Play), but Google Play still wouldn't work. I'm getting sick of this, and don't want to have to fork over a few hundred dollars for a new phone (My phone's got plenty of problems, like it can't use Flash Player or install anything above 40 MB, but they're bearable aside from not being able to get Google Play). And yes, I have cleared my cache, reinstalled, restarted, factory reset, cleared data, used different versions and different sources. So anyone got some tips?

Advertisement
  2. De@n

De@n Well-Known Member

You could root and flash a custom Rom :)
  3. Nightlasher

Nightlasher New Member

Elaborate. What do you mean? Also, I thought Rooting was somewhat risky, and I don't want to damage my phone anymore...
  4. Nightlasher

Nightlasher New Member

so much for getting help here -_-...
  5. CDPlant

CDPlant Guides Guide

I can't really think of anything else you could do other than root it and put a new ROM on. It's not as hard as you might think, it just takes a bit of reading first to understand the terminology.

If you're at all interested, take a look at this thread - http://androidforums.com/san-franci...rancisco-zte-blade-all-things-root-guide.html which has info on root terminology and and guides on how to do it. If you have any more questions about it fire away :)
  6. HoneyBunny8

HoneyBunny8 New Member

I have an android phone from China. I can't use Google Play and anything else that is downloaded cannot be found on the phone.