Chinese Phone

1. kusulu

kusulu New Member

Hi

I have samsung galaxy S3 and Daxian (ZTE LV918). both phone without SIM is functioning good. However after putting the SIM and while trying to make calls, it says "mobile network not available", but the same SIM if inserted in some other phone works just fine. How do i rectify this? When i purchased from the shop it was working. but it doesn't.

Advertisement
    :
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Hi kusulu welcome to Android Forums.

So you've got a SIM, and it doesn't work in either the S3 or the Daxian? - yet it works in other phones OK. That could mean that both phones are faulty, or quite possibly they're carrier IMEI blacklisted. Did you buy them on Ebay?
  3. kusulu

kusulu New Member

Sims work in other phone. The phones were purchased in China and were tested using the same sim for working from china and it did work properly then. But after bringing to india it doesnt work and shows mobile network not avaialble.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

I've got an idea what this might be. The Samsung Galaxy S3, is it a real one or a copy/clone? How much did you pay for it, because genuine S3s normally sell for around 4,000-5,000 RMB in China. Can you post the "About Phone" information from the settings? Also you mentioned "Daxian (ZTE LV918)". It's not ZTE, which is a reputable manufacturer. I know for a fact that "Dalian Daxian Mobile Technologies Co., Ltd" manufactures counterfeits of famous brand phones, e.g. fake Apple iPhones.

Who's your carrier in India? Do you know if they operate a 3G only service? No 2G GSM/EDGE. Or they're a CDMA carrier? Because often fakes and phones intended for China Mobile, don't have 3G HSDPA which is used internationally. They might only have 2G GSM/EDGE, or 3G TD-SCDMA, which is unique to China Mobile.
  5. tandree

tandree New Member

Hi all,
    I have a phone made in China. It's a Samsung S3 knock-off. The vendor (Light in the box, model Triton) says I cannot root it. Is it true? And why?

Model number: e1901_v77_jbl1

Android version: 4.1.1

Baseband version:
    MAUI.11AMD.W12.22SP.V15.P2,2012/12/20

Kernel Version:
    root@Shansuy-desktop)#1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jan 23 16.06:44CST

Build:
    e1901_v77_jbl1_20130123