• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Chinese Phones - International Roms?

so i'm getting one of those iHTC One X EX's delivered from fastcardtech in a couple of days..

are there any international roms anyone knows of that i can flash on it when it arrives?

cheers guys

In that thread that Mike referenced it will say that your device, being unpopular, will not have much Developer support so finding a ROM would be very difficult.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
I think that what people are saying is that very few people will have one (which is where "unpopular" comes in) and hence there will be little or no developer support. Also you should expect zero support from the manufacturer.

So if it works that's fine, but it's not likely there will be any ROMs for it, and if there are problems the manufacturer won't want to know and your network will probably blame the handset. People in the forum will give what help they can, but as few if any will have one this will be limited to generic advice.

Upvote 0
The problem is not one of popoularity, but the lack of knowledge of the thing's insides. Not all phones use the same partition-layout. If there is no existing documentation on how it is set up, then it is almost impossible to design custom ROMs or custom recovery software that won't brick the phone.

-edit-
Drat. Got Ninja'd by Hadron.:p

Upvote 0
BTW I'm in China, although I'm British, I know first hand what these things can be like. :rolleyes:

erm.. any chance of you nipping round and giving them a swift boot to the hurry up area?
meant to be delivered tomorrow at the latest, my tracking number still aint showing anything on the DHL site :/

oh and i'm also getting a JXD s602 PSP type thing, are they ok?

thanks for taking the time to reply :)

Upvote 0
erm.. any chance of you nipping round and giving them a swift boot to the hurry up area?

OK I'll phone to my friend at Shenzhen Cheap'n'nasty Inc.

meant to be delivered tomorrow at the latest, my tracking number still aint showing anything on the DHL site :/

Best guess it's not been shipped, or at least hasn't gone through Hong Kong Airport yet. If you wanted it in time for Christmas Day, not going to happen.

oh and i'm also getting a JXD s602 PSP type thing, are they ok?

Think the JXD gaming tablets are reasonable for the price. They're cheap, quality may not be much good, but they seem to work and have reasonable support.

thanks for taking the time to reply :)

You are welcome.. happy to help. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones