chomp sms just updated and keeps crashing on my phoneGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I recently switched to chomp from handcent because I like the way chomp looks better than handcent and they both have basically the same functionality.

Well chomp just had an update and it is now force closing everytime i turn my phone on and will not work at all.

I have not tried to uninstall and reinstall because I just got it customized perfectly and there is no guarantee that will work. I will do that if/when someone says it has worked foe them.

That said, has anyone had this problem happen to them after the new update?

Advertisement
  2. Ty07allstar

Ty07allstar Well-Known Member

Mine was messed up but after a reinstall it worked fine. Try it again and if it still doesn't work email the developer.

3. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

I have had trouble with updates in the past but a removal and reinstall fixes it usually. I haven't updated mine in about a month or so.

4. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

i updated the other day on my eris when i was on the phone with my friend who has a sprint hero...i have yet to have any complaints about chomp.

maybe it's a conflict between two apps

5. korben dallas

korben dallas Well-Known Member

Since the update I no longer receive a notifications in my notifications bar. But the program still works tho.

6. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

yea, mine updated and i had problems . . . uninstalled, then reinstalled and im good now. i didnt have to worry much about my settings because i use smspopup.

7. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

I also had problems witih Chomps after i got the update a few days ago. I uninstalled then reinstalled it and it seems to have fixed it.