ChompSMS and Facebook Contacts Questions

Last Updated:

1. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I have a couple of questions that I can't find elsewhere on the forum.

(1) I use ChompSMS for text messages. When I receive a new text I get 2 reports on the Notifications bar (1 for ChompSMS and 1 for the standard Android message app) but both are for the same message and clicking either opens ChompSMS. Any way I can disable the Android app so that I only get 1 notification for each message?

(2) Facebook contacts - I have 1500+ FB friends for games, and only about 40 real people I want to keep track of through the FB app. Do all FB apps work on the "everyone or none" approach, or is there a way I can choose who to link to my phone contacts, such as selecting a FB Friend List containing the people I want? I know this has been discussed before but the questions never seems to get answered.

Any help appreciated :)

Advertisement
  2. Tunga

Tunga Well-Known Member

Open the App Draw, load the app called Messages, go into the settings and disable the notification. I use Handcent but that worked for me.

I'm not aware of any way to filter Facebook friends from your contacts, sorry.

Eris Ed likes this.
  3. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Tunga, disabling the Notifications for the original Messages app did the trick, now I only get the Chomp notification :)