1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

ChompSMS not receving texts?!

Last Updated:

1. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Decided I would give ChompSMS a go after re-rooting my phone... Deleted the stock app after I downloaded and installed Chomp, sent around 10 texts (found out today that they WERE received) and didn't get a reply... Odd, yes. Found out today that they tried to reply, and I didn't get the text. After deleting juicedefender, still didnt get them. I then downloaded Handcent, asked my friend to send me a text, and it worked. Uninstalled Handcent and asked him to send me another, nothing...

Phone Specs:
    Motorola Droid
    Rooted 2.2 FroYo Kangerade v5.0.9
    ChevyNO1 800MHz Low Voltage

Advertisement
  2. MovingColors

MovingColors Well-Known Member

That's weird. I've used chomp before and never had a problem with it...I got rid of it solely because I prefer the stock messaging app to anything available on the market. You deleted your stock messaging app? Never to be seen again!?

3. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yup, i liked handcent better...

4. msl80

msl80 Member

Ok I have a question since I'm new to this android phone. I was using Handcent and I actually love the app but I can't seem to figure out how to disable the stock msg app so that I don't get dup txt. Can someone help me out with this?

5. couchlyf

couchlyf New Member

Head over to Settings and click Application Manager and you can go under "All" to find your Messaging stock app. Then, you can just click disable! :)

6. couchlyf

couchlyf New Member

Yeah, I really want to use Chomp, but I am not getting the notifications! I have tried everything; disabling notifications on my disabled stock messaging app, restarting the phone etc.
    Ugh!