chompsms questionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. fenwaynomar45

fenwaynomar45 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I really like chompSMS but the only thing I miss about the default Text was when the trackball would light up when I had a message.. anyway to have it light up while using chompsms?

Advertisement
  2. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

hmm...I use chomps to, I have it set to vibrate and to give me a notification in the notification bar and the green light by the speaker also blinks but i don't see where you can adjust for the track ball notification. I'd rather have that than the green blinking light which I find annoying. Maybe after it is rooted.

3. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

Isn't that option under the phone settings? Settings - sound and display - notification flash

4. fenwaynomar45

fenwaynomar45 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ya it is but my sms is checked and it still doesn't flash. Guess it doesnt work with chomp. I just unchecked it and checked it again to see if it will work

5. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

I believe that is notification for the green light flash on the upper right by the speaker not the track ball.

6. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

When you use ChompSMS's notifications, you normally turn off the native SMS notifications. Even though the box is checked natively for 'Light Trackball' for SMS, since your notifications aren't coming through 'Messages', but 'ChompSMS' instead, you won't get the lit trackball.

Get Handcent SMS if you want the trackball to light up, or go back to stock Messages.