ChompSMS Replacing Android Message App

Last Updated:

1. martellaj

martellaj Member This Topic's Starter

I recently installed ChompSMS and really like it. Now, however, when I get a TXT message, it shows up in both apps.

Is there a way to disable the original Message app and only use ChompSMS?

Advertisement
  2. Titaniac

Titaniac Well-Known Member

Do u mean that you get two notifications? If this is your problem just open Messaging, go into settings and disable notifications. That way Chompsms will be the only on letting you know that you have a new message. Then messaging just sits by idly in you app tray and collects dust. Then one day when chomp crashes you can open messaging and read your messages because all SMS texts are stored in the same spot. Hope this helps...

3. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

I really try not to do this too often because I know that new members show up every day, and that is great. But PLEASE people, use the search, there is no need to start a new thread for a question that has been answered over and over and over again. Having said that welcome to AF!

4. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

You have to keep the original messanger in order for chomps or handcent to work. They use the orginal/stock program. Just turn off the notification in the one you are not using.