ChompSMS ThemedGeneral

Last Updated:

1. adrenalinerush12

adrenalinerush12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have slightly themed ChompSMS. Got this "cracked" version from another website, which removed ads. Then I themed it up a little. Unfortunately it is version 3.6, which isn't the latest build, but works pretty flawlessly for me.

Updates:
    -No ads!
    -Changed ChompSMS icon to stock Android (green smiley) icon.
    -Changed message unread bar to green instead of blue.
    -Changed highlight color from blue, to the yellow-orangeish stock Android selection color. (Look at screenshots)
    -Changed the green notification icon to the stock green smiley icon (you have to change this in notification settings, it isn't defaulted).

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download: chompsmscustom.apk

Also see my custom themed Handcent SMS app here:
    http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/61160-handcent-sms-themed.html

Advertisement
  2. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

isnt the ad free one only 2 dollars?

p.s. how is your background black? mine is white. is this part of the theme?

3. adrenalinerush12

I don't know how much it costs. And you can change your background settings, in menu, settings, customize look, conversation. Made the background black, contact name white and divider line green.

4. adrenalinerush12

I don't know how much it costs. And you can change your background settings, in menu, settings, customize look, conversation. Made the background black, contact name white and divider line green.

5. twixxy010

twixxy010 Member

Are the unknown contact photos the picture of the android, like your custom Handcent?

6. adrenalinerush12

Unfortunately, no. I can't seem to find where they have the unknown contact photo in ChompSMS, so I can't change it. Sorry.

7. adrenalinerush12

I guess no one likes Chomp, haha. I don't use this anyways. I use my custom Handcent app.

8. libraryclg

libraryclg Well-Known Member

I like using Chomp, paid version is $3.

9. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

yea, i dig chomp like a garden. handcent never worked for me. i even donated to avoid popups.

10. omfgwtflawl

omfgwtflawl Well-Known Member

I like this themed Chomp, I've always loved Chomp but it just never worked correctly and for some reason this does minus the fact it sometimes shows me the same message twice like the person who texted back had sent it twice. Maybe somethings up in the firmware? Otherwise, I love it!

11. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

I love the customization you can do with Chomps...and the app itself works great never had a problem with it. The free version works fine to and the small ad is only on the contact list page not on the individual conversation pages. You can set a different background for both the contact list page and the conversation pages, different backgrounds for both portrait and landscape. So a good place to showcase some of your photos if you want. The font and font colors and bubble colors can also be customized.