• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Choose music for me

Neitanod

Lurker
Feb 9, 2015
One person on one device connects to a peer on another device. Let's say: a boyfriend in his room connects at night to his girlfriend who is across town.
Then, one of them can build up a playlist for the other, or both of them, to listen while they chat.
It would be cool if they both could choose songs from both media libraries and share them with streaming or a file transfer in the background.
Also, playback controls like ff, pause, play, etc, (except volume, probably) should be in sync so they are all the time listening to the same parts of the same songs while they chat.

It should work just like a regular audio player, but two of them should play in sync remotely.
Both user's media libraries should be available for reproduction, using streaming when the song being played is owned by the other party.
I think that if the app don't let you keep the shared song after listening to it, it would be just like sharing over the phone (in a traditional phone/audio conversation with music in the background), or being phisically side to side and listening to just one device. You make your friend listen to the song, but she has to buy it to play it again afterwards.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So just to understand it more:
It an musical app where you can add your friends to listen a song. Once your friend responded on that request so he/she will be able to listen that song sync from your device. And so you can create a listner group where you can enjoy the music in a group too.

I think it's nice idea but only challenges what I can see here is parallel sync, it always depends on the internet speed you or your friends are using. And how to sync may be once then approve then we need to load cache music file to play and then remove. Need to think a lot.
Rajeev

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones