Choose Which Apps Open at Startup

Last Updated:

1. jw nyc

jw nyc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just installed ATK b/c my N1 started acting very choppy even on reboots. When I opened the app on a fresh install I saw that most of my apps actually started up without me even opening them. Is there a way to prevent apps from starting up?!

Also many people here said not to use a task killer. Well, I can't say how wrong those people are. Ever since I started using ATK my phone has been running smooth as butter again and the phone is no longer choppy and slow.

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

You can try the app 'Startup Auditor', which will allow you to disable some apps from launching at boot.

3. kaotix

kaotix Well-Known Member

+1 on startup auditor. Used it for almost the lifetime of my N1 now and it's perfect.
    You can view the entire startup list and chose to disable the startup of anything, obviously be careful with what you disable as you can cause problems when stopping required applications.

Do you use a task manager as well? I take it you do if you know that your apps startup with your device.
    I was actually shocked when I first got my task manager and saw that, like you, nearly every app I had installed would be running after a reboot. wth is that all about really? lol