Choosing a "Favorite" gives error messageSupport

Last Updated:

1. Skybolt

Skybolt Member This Topic's Starter

I have 9 Favorites set up on my Incredible, 8 of them work perfectly (I have them fixed up so that when I choose the person, the entire address card comes up so I can choose to call, email, text or whatever), and the ninth (set up only to place a telephone call) used to work perfectly, now not so much. When I select the contact, I get a message that says "Call not sent, no valid number entered". I have looked at his address card, and all seems correct. I have not changed anything so really don't know what is going on.

I thought maybe if I deleted this one contact and then re-added, it would fix it, but when I try to delete this one, the phone looks like it wants to delete the other 8 as well, and I really don't want to have to set this up again (actually, can't remember how I got them to show the whole address book entry).

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Skybolt

So, nobody has a solution?

3. lbrow042

lbrow042 Member

I am having this exact same issue.....I have not found a way to fix it either.

4. Skybolt

Had a little time this afternoon and started working around this problem. I got it fixed! Here is what I did: i sync my gmail contacts to the phone, so I went to gmail and looked at the "Starred in Android" list. I notieced that the formatting of the phone numbers in those contacts were all alike, except for the contact in question. All but that one were in the format (555)123-4567. The unruly contact was in the format 555-123-4567. I took him out of starred contacts (thought I don't think you would have to do that), changed the format of the number, and put him back in starred. When I went to my phone to test, I tapped on his "face" and was presented with the option to select a default way to contact. Selected his mobile, and it works just fine.

Hopefully that will work for you as well. Good luck!

5. DGRYAN1977

DGRYAN1977 Well-Known Member

I had the same issues. I decided to ditch the stock Favs and downloaded another one