• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Choosking Notifications on Lock Screen

Habanero

Jan 3, 2014
Well, I upgraded to the Lollipop OS. So far, I like the changes except for a few annoying things. One is that the call volume (not speaker phone) is very low and won't go any higher. All the other volumes are fine. But that appears to be something that I cannot adjust/fix.

Before the update, I used to get only text message and missed call notifications on the lock screen. Now I get everything there is-app updates, voice mail notifications, gmail-you name it. The only three I want on the lock screen are text message, missed calls, and gmail notifications. Is there a way to choose what notifications appear on the lock screen? I thought maybe that going to Sounds and Notifications and then going to Application Notifications. Then going through the list and selecting the ones I want to appear as "preferred" and setting it to "Do not Disturb". Then I'm assuming only the ones that I've selected as "preferred" would show up. But if I don't have Voicemail notifications set as "preferred", will I still get the audible notification? Is there another way them on the lock screen?

Thanks.

Reactions: rcaine

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones