Choppy 720p Video Playback on computer

Last Updated:

1. Painkillaz

Painkillaz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this is a repost, but any video that i take on my evo and move to my desktop is really choppy...it plays fine on the phone but as soon as i move it to my desktop its choppy...anybody have any answers to fix this? thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Try playing with quicktime.

Painkillaz likes this.
  3. berardi1111

berardi1111 Well-Known Member

I don't have an Evo yet, but I'd suggest

Free-Codecs.com : QuickTime Alternative 3.2.2 : QuickTime Alternative will allow you to play QuickTime files (.mov, .qt and other extensions) without having to install the official QuickTime Player.

I avoid Apple software like the plague, because it is the plague for your Windows PC. :) This alternative is much faster

Also, have you tried VLC? It is one of the cleanest video players... again not sure if it supports EVo format videos, but if it does then it is usually ideal. Clean playback, it wins most benchmarks for video

Painkillaz likes this.
  4. Painkillaz

Painkillaz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Tried both quicktime and VLC, both played the videos properly (no choppyness) but VLC wouldn't play the audio...normally i would stay away from quicktime just because it takes a day and a half to load but its not too bad loading on an ssd...i guess i found my program to watch my videos...thanks

5. curleyfrei

curleyfrei Active Member

Just tried both Quicktime & VLC myself - no audio in VLC, but video freezes in the same spots using both apps.

Dammit.

6. skpd

skpd Well-Known Member