• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help choppy performance

moveright

Sep 10, 2010
I've got a droid 2 and it seems a bit choppy. let me explain. when I unlock it with the slider, the slider does not slide smoothly. sometimes there is a noticeable delay while choosing text messaging, or loading apps. I know that even in this day and age of technology, everything does not happen instantly but it just seems like my phone is sort of choking all the time. I thought this phone was supposed to have an amazing processor?

Anyhow, I've power cylced it to no avail. I'm not a power user so I don't have a billion apps loaded on it or anything like that.

If this were a windows computer, I would uninstall all apps I don't use, then I'd clear out all but the mandatory startup items, then I'd do a registry sweep, then a defrag.

But, it's an android phone and not a computer. So, what do you all recommend I do in order to optimize and smooth this puppy out?

I've got a droid 2 and it seems a bit choppy. let me explain. when I unlock it with the slider, the slider does not slide smoothly. sometimes there is a noticeable delay while choosing text messaging, or loading apps. I know that even in this day and age of technology, everything does not happen instantly but it just seems like my phone is sort of choking all the time. I thought this phone was supposed to have an amazing processor?

Anyhow, I've power cylced it to no avail. I'm not a power user so I don't have a billion apps loaded on it or anything like that.

If this were a windows computer, I would uninstall all apps I don't use, then I'd clear out all but the mandatory startup items, then I'd do a registry sweep, then a defrag.

But, it's an android phone and not a computer. So, what do you all recommend I do in order to optimize and smooth this puppy out?

Initial instict would be to root the phone and unistall (or freeze, which would be my choice) the apps you're not going to use. Make sure all your settings (apps, power, and general) are set to maximize efficiency. And reboot.

If you're not comfortable rooting and a factory restore doesn't help you out, take the phone in to a VZW store and recreate the issues you're having to them, they might be able to help you out in person.

Upvote 0
Initial instict would be to root the phone and unistall (or freeze, which would be my choice) the apps you're not going to use. Make sure all your settings (apps, power, and general) are set to maximize efficiency. And reboot.

If you're not comfortable rooting and a factory restore doesn't help you out, take the phone in to a VZW store and recreate the issues you're having to them, they might be able to help you out in person.

ok, I am going to root. Just because it sounds like a good idea and I want to unclutter this phone and get rid of all the crapware it comes with.

how do I change all those mentioned settings?

Upvote 0
ok, I am going to root. Just because it sounds like a good idea and I want to unclutter this phone and get rid of all the crapware it comes with.

how do I change all those mentioned settings?

Under settings you can tweak all of the different settings for you phone. I've limited animations on mine, I've also made sure my alternate home launcher program is also resource friendly. Make sure you go to each setting and taylor it to your liking.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones