Choppy video playback with Froyo?Support

Last Updated:

1. JerzyIroc

JerzyIroc Member This Topic's Starter

Someone posted this on androidcentral and I noticed it on mine as well. Has anyone noticed their video playback in the gallery is really choppy now? This is the only big problem I've had with the update so far but I gotta say it's a big problem for me because I take tons of pictures and record lots of video.. :(

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I was just about to make a new thread about this. I have a few test video file on my phone, so I can show it off to friends. A few are 800x480 resolution, for stuff I just watch on the phone. But I also had a few 720p clips to show off the hdmi output. One file was at 2000 bitrate, while the other was at 3500. Both played perfectly before the update. Now neither of them will make it more than a few seconds without becoming choppy. This is a big issue for me as I use the phone to show videos off for work.

3. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

I have no issues like that at all that I could tell.

4. Jasonboyee

Jasonboyee New Member

After testing on 2 Droid Incredibles (both Android 2.2), Samsung Epic (Android 2.1) and Evo (Android 2.2), MP4 (h.264) is choppy on all the FroYo devices, while the Samsung Epic with 2.1 played the videos smooth as butter. I also used CrystalDiskMark to benchmark my 16 GB Class 2 microsd. The average read speed is more than suffice. It's not the class 2 memory. It's definitely FroYo. The 2.2 update bricked video playing. Oh yeah, don't bother hard resetting your device, or using Advance Task Killer. It's not going to help. FroYo is the culprit.

5. theParanoid04

theParanoid04 Member

Try removing all .avi files or other videos encoded in XviD ASP. It turned out as soon as i played an avi file, my mp4 h264 files wouldn't play!