Christmas Shopping?

1. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

How many have finished?, Haven't started?, isn't even going to participate this year?

I have got mine done and out of the way. I know the world is supposed to end but oh well. I did it anyway. Love the Christmas time I do.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

My wife does all the shopping! She even buys something for herself, wraps it, and tags it as it's from me :)
    ocnbrze and argedion like this.
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Sent out the cards to my family this morning.
    Just bought gifts for my folks, that's it. I'm not one to really jump on the Christmas shopping bandwagon and the wife and I don't exchange gifts. We need to save for a house! :)
    I prefer to enjoy family and friends' company rather than worry about their gifts.
    argedion likes this.
  4. poriggity

poriggity Well-Known Member

Wife and I bought new S3's for each other, and cases for them. That's all we're getting. We just had a baby (she's 4 months old now), so most of the Christmas stuff is for her. We have everything we need, and she is such a blessing, it's incredible.
    NYCHitman1 and argedion like this.
  5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

I was going to do some Christmas shopping today, but I ended up sitting here stabbing at my temples with a rusty ice pick. It was more fun. :rolleyes:
    argedion likes this.
  6. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

We'll get the grandkids something and that's about it...haven't started yet.
    argedion likes this.
  7. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

I make a lot of stuff. I'll hit the stores next week. Since I know what I want, won't be hard.
    argedion likes this.
  8. netlinkz

netlinkz Well-Known Member

I got a girlfriend...
    argedion likes this.
  9. Meadroidows

Meadroidows Well-Known Member

I'm already receiving early Christmas presents. Yet I haven't went Christmas shopping myself. Later this week or weekend is when I plan on doing the shopping.
    argedion likes this.
  10. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

I haven't done a darn thing yet. The wife does all the shopping for kids and grandones. All I have to do is get her something. Do you think another ironing board will suffice?
    argedion likes this.
  11. lunatic59

As long as it's a nice one ... encrusted with diamonds ... and you give it to her on the beach in Hawaii, you should be fine. ;)
    argedion likes this.
  12. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

ummmmm......NO!:rolleyes:;)
  13. damewolf13

Actually, that might work!;):)
  14. lunatic59

Oh, and a solid gold iron would be a mandatory accessory. ;)
  15. damewolf13

You might even get a little something in your Christmas stocking with that kind of accessory!;):p
  16. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I ordered my gift from my wife last night (high lift and mount for my jeep), shopping is done for for our daughter, and I am going to order my wife's gift probably tomorrow (a couple lenses for her Canon DSLR)
    argedion likes this.
  17. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

I'll be at work all day on Christmas.

... oh and wife and I decided we'd just buy new phones and call it our presents to one another....
    argedion likes this.
  18. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

Maybe you guys can help me. My sisters and I can't decide what to give dad for Christmas. It's getting harder to shop for him every year. Last year we got him an iPhone 4s. I suggested a car dock but don't know any good ones. Plus my sis said it was cheesy lol
  19. damewolf13

Shouldn't we combine this with the "Bah Humbug" thread?;):p
  20. lunatic59

I guess it's too late to give him grandchildren :eek:

Does he like tech? Tools? Sports? Is he a beer and chips kinda fellow? Chardonnay and smoked salmon? Single Malt and cigars?

One of the best gifts I've ever received was from my mother-in-law (for my birtdhay, but a gift is a gift). She gave me some grape vines! I had grapes for years.
  21. wyndslash

Funny you should say that. He told us before that he'd give a very substantial amount of money to the first one who'd give him grandkids. Unfortunately, he confirmed that we need to be married first lol

He likes a little bit of everything. A gps system entered my mind but he doesn't need it. He has a very sharp mind.
  22. wyndslash

No, because this is a happy thread:D
    argedion likes this.
  23. lunatic59

Well, I'm taken, but I'm sure we could dig up an eligible bachelor for you. ;)

Does he like toys? A remote control helicopter is something that could be fun.
  24. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

donate the money in his name to his favorite charity
  25. wyndslash

Lol:D
    No, I don't think he'd appreciate it. He'd just call it junk and that's that lol. Hmm. We were thinking of maybe some phone accessories instead.