Chrome + Android 2.2

Last Updated:

1. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

CHROME FOR ANDROID - well technically the first step is going to be Chrome-to-Android extension for Android 2.2

Basically you are on a website and click a button and the same website is automatically opened on your phone (on google maps, it would be opened in that program)

Apparently they (Google) are also working on a Chrome Mobile Browser

There is a browser poll going on, if Chrome was on android I bet it would be the end all be all of mobile browsing.

On a different note, downloading Fennec (mobile FF for my DINC)

Advertisement
  2. Sean1208

Sean1208 Well-Known Member

I've been wondering when Google was going to roll something like this out. It's a natural progression for them. Can't wait to see how it looks.

3. NoShftShck16

Yeah me either, I'm excited.

Tried Fennec (Firefox mobile)...highly suggest NOT downloading it. Took mad long to open then when super laggy afterwards, plus its a HUGE file.

4. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Ah, the evolution of cloud computing makes one more step forward.

5. upther

upther Well-Known Member

I'm not a huge fan of Chrome. Didn't seem any faster than Firefox and lacked a lot of the add-ons that I have for Firefox.

I'd be interested in Chrome Mobile though because this little extension thingy sounds pretty damn useful.

6. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

That's not cloud computing, that's sending a message to your phone lol. Come on guys, if you like to just throw around buzz words and believe hype, then go buy apple products, Dinc owners should be a little more realistic.

BTW, chrome browser sucks, and I sorta doubt it would work any better than stock browser.

7. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

When was the last time you used Chrome? Lots more add ons now then there were like 6 months ago. Also I usually test all browsers out, firefox/chrome/safari/Opera.. I never really notice differences in speed either...

On topic tho, I think Chrome mobile would be nice, who makes the stock browser now?

8. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

when using chrome i have an add on called QR-Code tag extension and it makes a code for the site you are on then i read it from my pc with the barcode scanner... that works for now

9. NoShftShck16

Same question for me, i run Ubuntu and FireFox is noticeably slower than Chrome on my laptop.

Plus I have the exact same extensions that I had on Firefox a year or so ago on Chrome plus a lot of ones Firefox doesnt

Chrome can sync favorites/extensions across multiple computers

EDIT: QR Code Extension rules, even for you FF users...definitely get it

10. upther

upther Well-Known Member

Probably about 2-3 months ago. The biggest missing piece was FoxyTunes. I use that all the time and there was nothing like it on Chrome at the time. I could have lived without the other minor stuff but no FoxyTunes or FireNes was what made me go back to Firefox.

11. NoShftShck16

Alright, thats legit reasoning. I used to have to switch back to view youtube when they first made the switch to HTML5

12. TXSooner

TXSooner Well-Known Member

Opera is way faster than any of the browsers for me. I don't like the look of Chrome and I have always been a Firefox person, but this new Opera is great.