• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Chrome asks me to Sign in everytime I launch it fresh

Ya it works fine. I just don't want the prompting. It's annoying. How do I stop it. -Thanks
To be honest, it kept bugging me and I never figured out how to shut it up - so I gave it my login.

And I mostly use Dolphin browser, no hassles.

But when I need to go to a G+ or Google groups page, I share it from Dolphin via Choose Browser to Chrome.

I'm sure it's not the answer you're looking for, and I don't pretend it's the best way if you really like Chrome, but it works for me, especially because I prefer Dolphin.

Wish I had a better answer. :)

Upvote 0
Just for giggles, I signed out of Chrome on Android and haven't been prompted to sign back in yet. From a few statements I found elsewhere, once you explicitly sign out (or otherwise tell it not to sign in rather than just skipping past it) Chrome shouldn't bother you about that again.

Granted, this is just based on roughly ten minutes of testing so I could be way off.

Upvote 0
It wants me to sign in my email account when I launch Chrome. What does my email have to do with opening a browser?
In addition to allowing bookmark sync, which is great (mentioned above), it allows to the browser to authenticate your identity to a wide variety of google services: google drive/sheets/docs, calendar, tasks, keep, search, youtube.com, and a few others. Also it allows the option to share selected info with 3rd parties when required, but it will prominently ask permission when that occurs.

In the end, there is a tradeoff of convenience vs security. I don't entrust my personal info to very many entities, but Google is one of the very few that I do trust to treat my personal info with proper security and this gives me a big payback in convenience of accessing a variety of integrated services in the "google ecosytem". That's my personal opinion. I realize others will have different opinions/approaches.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones