• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Chrome browser won't open

thecarlsoncrew

Sep 29, 2010
I love the sync function with Chrome - it allows me to open tabs from any of my devices (phone, KF, work PC, home laptop), and provides a seamless existence.

Unfortunately, when Google dropped the mid-September update, Chrome on my KF stopped working. It opens briefly, then closes before loading the opening page. I'm certain it's related to this update - it started immediately after installing.

Running rooted, with Jandycane 1.7.2.

Anyone else have this problem, or know a way to restore Chrome functionality? Does upgrading to Jandycane 1.8 resolve this?

What I was getting at was, its not a majorly known problem with alot of people. Just for ICS users... But yea, here try using this version.. Download Chrome 18.0.1025123 Android app .apk thats version 18.0.1025123.
Ah, gotcha. Unfortunately, that version didn't work, either. Do you have a link for another version back before 1025123? I looked on the site you provided but didn't see any older ones...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones