Chrome browser won't openSupport

1. thecarlsoncrew

thecarlsoncrew Well-Known Member

I love the sync function with Chrome - it allows me to open tabs from any of my devices (phone, KF, work PC, home laptop), and provides a seamless existence.

Unfortunately, when Google dropped the mid-September update, Chrome on my KF stopped working. It opens briefly, then closes before loading the opening page. I'm certain it's related to this update - it started immediately after installing.

Running rooted, with Jandycane 1.7.2.

Anyone else have this problem, or know a way to restore Chrome functionality? Does upgrading to Jandycane 1.8 resolve this?

Advertisement
  2. agadida

agadida Well-Known Member

Have you tried uninstalling the apk and reinstalling it?
  3. thecarlsoncrew

Many times, yes. I've also tried wiping the data and uninstalling/re-installing it straight from a TiBu backup from my phone. Nothing works.
  4. agadida

Ive searched everywhere and have only seen the problem in ICS. And even then, noone had an answer that I could see. Maybe try updating to 1.8 or downgrading chrome?
  5. thecarlsoncrew

Just upgraded to Jandycane 1.8, no change. Anyone got a link for an older version apk of Chrome...?
  6. thecarlsoncrew

This can't be limited to ICS, since I'm currently running a JB ROM right now...
  7. agadida

8. thecarlsoncrew

Ah, gotcha. Unfortunately, that version didn't work, either. Do you have a link for another version back before 1025123? I looked on the site you provided but didn't see any older ones...
  9. agadida

thecarlsoncrew likes this.
  10. thecarlsoncrew

11. agadida

Glad it worked. Sorry it took so long. If I find anything more i'll post back on here.