Chrome coming off power & volume rockers - anyone else?Support

Last Updated:

1. labeledbass

labeledbass Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 17, 2010
    Ok, I've noticed for a couple weeks now that a few "flakes" of the chrome paint on my power button have come off, I thought at first this was due to maybe an impact since I carry mine in a holster at 90 degrees - also I ride a bike so maybe something like sand or debris did this. But further looking at it theres no mark under the missing chrome, so I ruled that out. Looking closer the rockers for the volume control have a couple specs missing - I obviously use the power button more than the volume, and now since I've notice this I switch back and forth from the home button/P button to wake the phone in a attempt to prevent more wear and tear.

Anyone else see this happening? Its honestly not that big a deal, I can tell the camera button is poorly painted too but due to the fact I use the on-screen shutter I rarely ever touch that one. I've contemplated just removing the chrome all together, a touch of acetone applied with a q tip would do the trick. Black wouldn't be bad, I just would rather have all the colors be consistent instead of the "chipped away" look.

so, anyone else having this issue?

2. sleepsafe

sleepsafe Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Mine is most definately coming off of the power button. No problem with the volume rockers yet.