Chrome eating battery after update

1. CYNICALifornia

CYNICALifornia Well-Known Member

I was exited that Chrome left beta yesterday, but since updating it had been eating my battery. I restarted my phone, and it ran it's self in the background, running down my battery in the process.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I uninstalled and will be re install it to see if the update was just corrupted.

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

moved to APP section.
  3. INvinter23

INvinter23 Well-Known Member

Since the app is in beta, it is expected to have a few bugs. Be sure to send a bug report to the developers so that they are made aware of any bug that you encounter.
  4. CYNICALifornia

It just left beta! I did do that, though.

I tried a few things, one of then seemed to work. Chrome is now stable and behaving it's self.

Interesting note: I had deleted Chrome after I had set it as the default browser and it caused some apps to crash (like Shazaam). I wonder if you have to reset the app associations manually after deleting an app.
  5. CYNICALifornia

Trying to figure this out...

Still getting this problem sporadically.

Chrome is, again, listed as the biggest drain on my battery behind my screen. However, I have also been running system panel monitoring and chrome isn't listed at all.

To the best of chrome has not run at all today since I unplugged and went to work.

Yes, I sent an error report.

Thoughts? Ideas?
  6. njs11usc

njs11usc Well-Known Member

Chrome also was eating up a lot of my battery in the background. I ended up uninstalling until the bugs are worked out. I like chrome, but not enough for it to eat as much battery as it does.
  7. CYNICALifornia

Did you report it also? I really like chrome and hope they figure it out but quick. It has stabilized enough that I still have installed, along with boat as a backup and for flash sites.