• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Chrome Issues - Note 4

rock526

Mar 16, 2015
I'm loving my T-Mobile Note 4. My sixth Android and by far the best.

A couple of issues I'm experiencing: The Chrome browser (all updates applied) hangs when scrolling long web pages, to the point of not being usable. I've tried the fixes suggested in chrome://flags settings and repeatedly emptying the cache. Nothing helps.

I downloaded the Chrome Beta version recently. It works much better when scrolling BUT for some reason it does not reformat web pages to fit the screen width.

I would really prefer to continue using Chrome because of all the integration with the desktop - just brilliant.

Has anyone experienced either issue? Any suggestions?

Yes,I've seen exactly what you have,on both versions of CHROME (T-Mobile),for quite some time.I'm guessing the performance issues aren't an exclusive to the NOTE 4 &/or T-MOBILE.
The only suggestion I have is go into CHROME > MENU > SETTINGS & try the Reduce Data Usage (Data Saver in CHROME BETA),or,turn it off if you're using it.Again,not sure if this will have any effect,but,it's the only setting option that I see that may have any effect at all.
I use another browser along w/CHROME,the only drawback to that is if I set defaults for shortcuts on my desktop,I'd have a very cluttered desktop.
My browser of choice,along w/CHROME,is HTC's browser,but,you'd have to root & side-load for that to work.
I've found no mobile browser is good enough to replace all others,as some do other things & perform better on some sites than others.
Browser choice(s) is always a hot topic,hopefully others will tune-in & offer their suggestions/tips/etc....

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
Yes,I've seen exactly what you have,on both versions of CHROME (T-Mobile),for quite some time.I'm guessing the performance issues aren't an exclusive to the NOTE 4 &/or T-MOBILE.
The only suggestion I have is go into CHROME > MENU > SETTINGS & try the Reduce Data Usage (Data Saver in CHROME BETA),or,turn it off if you're using it.Again,not sure if this will have any effect,but,it's the only setting option that I see that may have any effect at all.
I use another browser along w/CHROME,the only drawback to that is if I set defaults for shortcuts on my desktop,I'd have a very cluttered desktop.
My browser of choice,along w/CHROME,is HTC's browser,but,you'd have to root & side-load for that to work.
I've found no mobile browser is good enough to replace all others,as some do other things & perform better on some sites than others.
Browser choice(s) is always a hot topic,hopefully others will tune-in & offer their suggestions/tips/etc....[/QUOTE

I've been using Firefox lately with good results. But not really sure it's better than Chrome. You might give it a try.
\

JM

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones