• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Chrome-Like App???

I did notice I have chrome, but I never use the browser. Most of the time if I go on internet I just use the google widget.

The Google widget's default browser is the Android stock browser (= Google Chrome for Android mobile). So you are using Google Chrome for Android all the time unless you specifically select a different browser!

What I want is a chrome widget so I don't have to go into the worthless browser to get my bookmarks on icons on a desktoop.

A widget will give you a choice to select from the browsers installed on your phone. The stock browser (= Google Chrome for Android mobile) is always number one on that list. If you want other browsers to choose/use you need to install them first. Try e.g. Dolphin HD, Dolphin Mini, Firefox Beta, Skyfire, or Opera Mini.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones